A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Hand Puppet Sponge Bath

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Hand Puppet Sponge Bath

Postby Medved35 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:10 pm

Hand Puppet Sponge Bath
Attachments
Medved35

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Hand Puppet Sponge Bath

Postby jenn_iam » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:07 am

Is it done in Pastel? It has an 'old weathered' art feeling.... Like those you see of old orient artwork. Lots of elements , like above, I like about this piece. Not sure what the pink part behind the second figure is it the Yellow spotty form on the right, they are a little confusing to me. But like the slight stylized character forms. Even the bubble aspect is a nice treatment. The blue/green background could use a bit more attention I think.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Medved35 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:17 am

Thanks Jenn for looking and commenting. It's Acrylic paint and I stole the oriental women wearing beautiful kimonos from a famous work of art. Now about that pink forearm, I was mainly trying to break-up that pink and mimic some shapes and color from the rest of the painting. It could be interpreted as a highlight from another light source similar to the sun/halo behind the head.(Or even the bat signal) I could dull it a bit if it seems too distracting. How about the black marks that look like lasers coming out her eyes? I like leaving marks but those come thru pretty hard. At least for me they do. It's just going to be such a pain to eliminate them. That's thinly painted gesso on Masonite board were talking here. Not the easiest thing to mimic.
Medved35

Postby Medved35 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:20 am

I'll just do another variation of the painting.
Medved35