A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Let The Games Begin

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Let The Games Begin

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:39 pm

I guess this is the almost lost it step. Anyway, we shall see.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Cristo » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Yes sir. Remember that this is a challenge. It's all I've got to say about that right now. I finished my drawing! Just waiting to get ahold of someone's iphone to take a picture:)
Cristo

Postby Cristo » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:44 pm

This is a challenge to better ourselves as artists and therefore as people. The depth of our knowledge of our craft is comessurate to our understanding of the universe and it's laws.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Damn Cristo! I knew you were smart and I just knew you were an artist, - - kind of sort of adrift. Keep doing the quality of vision you have with Elizabeth and move on. Push it Cristo, just push it! I could not have said what you did in your last comment and be so on target. By engaging in this mano-0-mano thing I also have grown more than I expected. I owe you my friend. You will see what I mean when I post Grace Rienbold. You see, I shall complete that painting in about three more days. Total time on it will be 5 days. Elizabeth is still in process.

As to everyone else reading this, I hope you are learning and I hope you will share your work and your comments. Would love to see what you are doing and hear what you have to say.
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Thank you Carl! I just now posted my finished Elizabeth Taylor drawing in the Light and Dark contest. I think I did a good job on it. Worked diligently on it these past few days and learned to not be so adrift. So thank you Carl for challenging me to draw this picture. .I couldn't get to a computer to post it here at this moment. I'll see to it tomorrow. And thank you to the viewers of this forum.. looking on as I forget things. Lol
I'm thinking your Liz painting, Carl, is momentarily looking too tan on her face. But I know she will look much better, possibly, than what I'm gonna turn out within the next few days. First of all because you work faster and second, because your medium is oil not acrylic. I guess we'll see.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:46 am

Thanks for catching the to tan thing. Had to do it to get a base to start lightening it up. The eyes are suffering a bit now also because I want them to sparkle in the final phase so I have to leave them alone for about three move glazes. As to which Liz is better at this stage I think yours is. However, it is interesting and fun to see how different they are. When we are finished I am up to letting others make the judgment. Maybe we could place the finished paintings here or a new blog and ask for the votes for about a week. Just a thought.
CarlOwen

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:19 pm

While working on the Elizabeth Taylor painting I did this one in the last four days. Off and on. She is a good friend. At 11:30 this morning, today, she has no idea I have done this. It will be a surprise gift tonight at our Christmas dinner. Go to MSN.com, type in Grace Reinbold in the Bing Bar. Click on Grace Reinblod|LinkedIn to see if you think I got her. I believe I do. Took a few years off her. I think she will like that.
Attachments
Grace Reinbold; a good friend
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:07 pm

She looks great and younger! Good job.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:23 pm

Thank you Cristo.
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:32 pm

Here is my Elizabeth Taylor drawing. Finally got to come to the library and post her up here. I'm starting to sketch her again, this time on canvas, for the painting phase of our challenge. Carl, I don't have a blog and I am a little reluctant to get one because of something in the past!

Any comments on my drawing are welcome and I will reply. Thank you.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Cristo. She looks great. I just know this drawing is a contender in the light and dark contest. Understand about the blog thing. In reality, I am not very good at "social medial", so, like I said, understood.
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:38 pm

It's great that you think so. Couldn't get much drawing in today. Somehow it's that blank canvas that gets to me. It seems to say " What are you gonna draw on me? It better be something good!" Something to do with it's texture.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:55 pm

I know what you mean Cristo. Sometimes it says, you looking at me? - YOU LOOKING AT ME!? You think your good enough? I cost more than you will ever sell that worthless painted thing you are going to put on my face. At this point I usually just slash a paint stroke across the face. Now the canvas is under my command and will do what I tell it to do. What you say is what all artist deal with. Just remember, accepting intimidation is not an option. Looking forward to seeing your work.
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Lollol
Okay, I posted my sketch on canvas in my gallery. I don't know, today it was challenging to draw. I made one sketch on a stretched canvas and Liz's head didn't all fit in the canvas. Plus she didn't look enough like herself for me to say "I don't mind it". Had to start new this time on a canvas panel. Hopefully will start painting within the next two days. Have a good day.
Last edited by Cristo on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:09 pm

Took a look, made some suggestions and comments. You know, I think my personal record of redoing a portrait was five times. I am now struggling with Uma Thurman. I have just experience my third failure. Going for number four next week. Uma may just become my new record for failures, that is until I succeed.
CarlOwen

Postby Opaque Happiness » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:56 am

This looks very good and her eyes are absolutely gorgeous!
I've been scrolling down to look at the progress step by step and I'm impressed!
Opaque Happiness

Postby Cristo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:17 am

Hi Opaque Happiness. Are you talking about Carl's work or Cristo's or both?
Cristo

Postby Opaque Happiness » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:05 pm

Cristo wrote:Hi Opaque Happiness. Are you talking about Carl's work or Cristo's or both?

Hello! I was talking about Carl's work. I just saw yours and she looks stunning! How long did it take you?
Opaque Happiness

Postby Cristo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Thank you for clarifying. And thank you for your compliment:) It took me about five days and a total of 20 hrs.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Just checking in and reviewing my stages before I give the next glaze. I don't want to get lost in the process and repeat myself. Computers are such good tools for this. Thank you Christiana. I like Cristo's drawing better than mine. Can't wait to see his color presentation.
CarlOwen

PreviousNext