A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Gremlins anybody?

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Gremlins anybody?

Postby letspaintsomething217 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:41 am

The Movie is one of my favorites and I wanted to try to paint up Gizmo and Stripe. Kind of nervous about showing off my artwork, but here are the results! :D
Attachments
letspaintsomething217

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Gremlins anybody?

Postby jnbrownlee » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:33 pm

I like it. Your facial expressions are great! However, I think the intense purple in the background draws the attention away from your subjects. I like the color combinations a lot, I am just wondering if calming the background down some would enhance your subjects. The purple does throw your yellow ears forward, which is interesting, and I like the play of warm tones on your front fellow with the cooler tones on the back subject. Also, I am wondering if your front fellow is missing an ear on the left. All in all, I think this is quite nice, especially your facial expressions. Happy holidays! Jeanette
jnbrownlee

Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: Gremlins anybody?

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:46 am

Thank You, Jeanette - good analysis and Thank You, Megan - I like the colors (agree with J, tone down purple) and the designs on the green gremlin. E
ehoeveler

Return to Just Showing