A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Custom Vinyl Explosion - very much in progress

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Custom Vinyl Explosion - very much in progress

Postby rhknigh » Fri May 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Time for a long over-due update on the goings on with Tanya Davis. The custom vinyl figures have really taken off for Tanya lately. My article stirred up some interest and her rapid fire output of art has been non-stop and full throttle (when not at her day-job anyhow).

Now that I have a few moments this is going to be a lot of catching up. Being that I am partner to Tanya, I have so so much I can write about. When I did the first Q&A style article with her less than 3 weeks ago, we had decided it would be best to focus on her most current project. At that point it was the Munny dolls that she had just started toying around with and was foremost in her mind and literally on her bench in progress. That was just the begining.....

Here we have a couple photos of the work-space or corner-art-studio where the figures are worked on. On the left is a scene where you can see not only projects on the bench but boxed figurines stacked about. On the right side we have YO! vinyl figures, these just came in the mail a couple days ago and there is one more that didn't fit on the same shelf and not in the pic. This is a contract job that Tanya is working on for LittleHouse, the makers of the YO! dolls. This will be an ongoing project until October.

Exhibit A

Then there is drawing - yes drawings. And I guess after relaying responses about her favorite brand of notebook - Moleskine - she realized she had some spare ones laying about. And she felt the need to put some art on them for resale. The blue one is currently listed here - http://tanyadavisart.storenvy.com/produ ... nal-cahier along with the Steampunk buddies that are left.
Exhibit B

Last but not least allow me to introduce the Android bot - mascot of Google Android. That is right these are being customized and they are HOT at this point in time. The top one was a custom order filled just last week (already in the hands of the buyer) that has a very similar color and steampunk style as the TRIKKY munny (her first custom featured in her interview). The bottom one is her second go with the Android base and is in progress. She also has a big clay sculpted Cthulhu head that is not painted, but is baked and a body is yet to be created for it. I will have to look back and see if I started a thread on it...

Exhibit C

As you can see, she is keeping plenty busy with her creativity and as for me I am learning much and developing my style as a writer as well. We are just artting on... :lol: Remember, even though she is swamped, so to speak, Tanya is still open to custom requests, just understand they might end up taking a little while.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Custom Vinyl Explosion - very much in progress

Postby rhknigh » Sun May 12, 2013 12:49 am

Complete Illustration

I did not realize the red hand-illustrated Moleskine cahier was not complete, this is the final version. It has graph/grid paper inside. It is also listed on the storeenvy page reference in the first part if you want to see more.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Postby ehoeveler » Sun May 12, 2013 3:06 pm

That's why I love you guys - when I look at myself and ask, "are you obsessed with Art?",
I can answer back - "Yes, but there are others like me".
What an exciting time for you both!
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Sun May 12, 2013 3:56 pm

I hear ya, E ! A friend in Art is a Friend in Heart!

Yeah, I know, stick to the articles not the poetry. lol :wink:

rhknigh
Writer

Postby LiveFreeSP » Sun May 12, 2013 8:49 pm

ehoeveler wrote:That's why I love you guys - when I look at myself and ask, "are you obsessed with Art?",
I can answer back - "Yes, but there are others like me".
What an exciting time for you both!

For us ALL :shock:
LiveFreeSP

Postby rhknigh » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:29 pm

Tan at her bench sculpting away

Lots of action going on with the Androids. Tanya is currently doing the Steampunk versions with the color combos that have proven most popular.

The Product

She is making one now with an articulated hand, it is at the painting stage but this is the photo I have from just beforehand. (lol I said hand again).

Articulated Four Digits

As for the Yo's they have their own thread. She is working on the Demon/gargoyle one.

In Munny News... Tanya had a show at the local art store Jerry's Artarama and we had a blast meeting other customizers and swapping stories and tips etc.

Munny Show Tanya with her Trikky
Show Flyer, with some complimentary beer
About 3 days after the show the TRIKKY Munny sold!! The Show proved much more effective than the Gallery. Love the gallery still though.. it is fun and a great bragging rights kind of thing.

The show is going to happen seasonally and so I am going to get in on it by promoing my blog. That is right I am making some Munnys of my ownsomes with a master customizer's oversight to make sure I don't screw up too badly. I will put that in a different post. Might be what some of you were waiting for.. promo wordy girl Rebecca getting arty. :D Anyhoo... that is all for now.

rhknigh
Writer

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:45 am

It's all intertwined in our brains - the writing, the drawing, the modeling and painting.
If you have a talent in one you probably can do all these things!
ehoeveler

Postby RELusion76 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Wow, those are some cool pieces you have there.
RELusion76

Articles: 1

Postby rhknigh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:15 pm

RELusion76 wrote:Wow, those are some cool pieces you have there.

Kind thanks!!

Here is a blog post (she doesn't do many) that Tanya has done as an update today. There is one very small vinyl custom going on....

She stocked up on Android forms today, all her June custom pieces "flew off the shelf" overnight. No joking. She might try something new with at least one of her new line-up.

If you all want to keep a finger on the pulse where she is personally most active in show and telling what is going on, you can go to her main site then hook up to her Visual Blog (Instagram). Or you can just go with what I get around to on here. Source vs agent, you know

p.s. Tanya hasn't felt cat-bug quite yet. She is still working it out in her mind how the wings will be etc.

rhknigh
Writer

Postby Christine Burke » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:12 pm

I am amazed with Tanya's art!!!
Many hugs for both of you!
Krysta
My art is an order from Heaven.
Christine Burke

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Cthulhu stickers SUCH a great idea and your Dapper Dude? Looking Good!
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Christine Burke wrote:I am amazed with Tanya's art!!!
Many hugs for both of you!
Krysta

You are very sweet, thank you again, she is pleased.

Here is a sneak peek of the almost completed piece. The little man is based on a Munny form and the duck is one of her polymer clay creations. The dapper fellow will actually ride the duck and hold reigns that are made with chains.

The Duck has been glazed, and the paint is drying on the little man.

Also here is a concept sketch of the dapper dude that led to this creation after the MunnyShow last month.

Dapper Gentleman
*** edited to add oops this is not the final sketch!! what tha!? hmm... looking around the files for it...meh it is only on her computer which is turned off, forgot that, homegroup is useless right now. I just blathering on here so tomorrow I should come back an fix it.

The complete work I will post a photo then, and put in the gallery. She already has a dedicated fan who has spoken for it, but what a great piece for showing.
Last edited by rhknigh on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhknigh
Writer

Postby rhknigh » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:50 pm

ehoeveler wrote:Cthulhu stickers SUCH a great idea and your Dapper Dude? Looking Good!

Thank you E. I will tell her --- the artist has to work tomorrow so she is in bed now.

I can't wait to see the finished piece. I kind of wish it could stick around for a show but she already promised the fan they could purchase, and they have the money ready so you probably know how that goes... hopefully she will make another... maybe do with a whale or something. This idea came up while chatting at the show with other toy artists.

Stay tuned. 8)

rhknigh
Writer