A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

My Tumblr Blog as a Sketchbook

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

My Tumblr Blog as a Sketchbook

Postby C.nick » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:09 am

Sketchbook of Balderdash is my Tumblr blog. I kind of feel the need to explain what I had in mind when I created it, which was a sketchbook. I post brief descriptions of art movements and techniques, and some pictures of the old masters’ works as well as my sketches, sidewalk chalk drawings, and other art, because it’s suppose to be like an artist’s sketchbook of inspirations, influences, and what they’ve learned so far. Every once in a while I’ll post something like photos or Arthurian related stuff, again trying to keep in theme with a sketchbook of inspiration. It’s been a year since I started it and I was wondering how it looks to an outsider (someone who doesn’t know me) and if there’s things I could change to make the blog more effective.

Thanks,

C.nick
C.nick

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: My Tumblr Blog as a Sketchbook

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:17 pm

I enjoyed your blog and the lovely artistic references.
Keep up the good work with your sketches! Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby C.nick » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:54 am

Thank you very much! And I've been looking at your paintings and I've really enjoyed them, especially Jesus Flowers. :D
C.nick

Postby rhknigh » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:12 am

I am in awe of your works. Its very refreshing to see an artist challenge themselves, as you have done in your recreation of how historical figures look in different poses than you had seen before. Anything Celtic grabs the attention of both Tanya and I. I am truly amazed and grateful that you are sharing your art with us. When I get back to my computer (on mobile at the moment) I'll follow you. :-)
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26

Postby C.nick » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:56 am

Thank you so much for the support and the nice comments! Seriously thank you, it means a lot. :D
C.nick