A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

7/16" Nut, 1/2 Bolt

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

7/16" Nut, 1/2 Bolt

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:07 pm

You know, You can try to start a 7/16" nut on a 1/2" bolt as long as you want. But no matter what you do. It will never fit.

What does this have to do with what I'm saying? I don't know. Now Roger would always walk away from me evertime I would say somthing like that. And I usely say, Don't go away mad, Just go away. Old joke I know.

Me and Roger can't agree on nothing. I say the sky is blue. He says it's green. I say put it on the top rack. He says, No, It's better on the bottom rack. We have worked together at the shop for 22 years.
He'll yell across the shop, Hey John, You gona live long enought to finsh that job. I yell back,
Hey you with the month, Shut it.

Roger is a no nonsence two fisted kind of man. Dot the i cross the t. I'm a ham and egger. Figure it out as you go kind of man. Drives Roger crazy. And he makes me crazy.
Boss saids we're both crazy. Always yelling, trying to get the last word in. Years ago the boss and the other men thought we were going to get in a fight haft the time. And who knows, maybe it came close a few times.

This has went on for 22 years. Don't know how we have kept from killing eachother.
But with all that fighting. We liked eachother. had a respect for eachother Just so dam different.

Last Wensday morning. The boss walk out into the shop. Roger had'nt showed yet. He got us all together. He told us all that Roger had died at home Tuesday night.

Roger is gone. And I feel so alone at that shop. It's like it's an empty building. Don't feel that I know anybody. Don't feel like I should be there. Wish I could talk to Roger one more time.

God bless Roger.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 7/16" Nut, 1/2 Bolt

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 am

Johnny, I'm really sorry to hear about Roger.
This is a moving testimonial to your working relationship.
Thanks, E
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: 7/16" Nut, 1/2 Bolt

Postby sablewand » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Sorry to hear about the lost of your friend.
~Every day that I am able to make my art, is a good day indeed~ DeVonna
sablewand

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (4)

Return to Shoot The Breeze