A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

ABOUT ME / my work

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

ABOUT ME / my work

Postby RCarpenter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:07 am

Hi All ,
I don't know where to start. Let's see... over 20 years ago I decided to make art for a living. I picked up a broken antler and a Dremil tool and started carving.
Living over twenty miles from the little town of Salmon, Idaho isn't the best place to make a living doing art but it's my inspiration living in the country.
I carve antler or any material for that matter if I have the tools I'll try it. I make jewelry, canes, lamps, candle holders, buckles, folk art , etc.
My country art master piece would be my Pine Needle Bear. I'm not sure what I can post here so I'll ust tell you about him. Hand woven from PINE NEEDLES my largest bear is about 8 feet tall. All his features are carved from wood. My bear is life size and realistic. Took me 8 months to create. Ripley's Museum just bought one of my bears. For being a self taught artist living in the country my work has been seen around the world. My bears and carvings have been in news papers, magazines, on TV, blogs etc. I hope I have your curiosity up. I know you will be amazed when you see it. Leastwise I hope to hear you are.
I joined this site to share my work with others, perhaps try the contest. I noticed a free contest and a Juried contest can I enter both with the same piece of art at the same time?
I'm just getting started here so it might take me a while to firgure where to post pictures, read comments, and navigate. So, I hope you will all help me out here.
Thanks Richard C
RCarpenter

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: ABOUT ME / my work

Postby Singular » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:24 am

Hi Richard,

Welcome to ASC. I can't wait to see pictures of your bear. And yes, you can enter both contests with the same work. Let me know if you have any questions about the site.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:04 pm

I appreciate your story around your art AND
that incredible bear. I love seeing work like this!
Welcome to ASC. ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Postby RCarpenter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:50 am

Thank you
RCarpenter

Postby MBubevska » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Hello dear Richard C I read your story and I saw your work and I must say that i's realy inspiring.
MBubevska

Postby RCarpenter » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Thank you So Much
RCarpenter