A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

My website is a video tutorial site for artists of any level

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

My website is a video tutorial site for artists of any level

Postby artyian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 am

Hello all, I have only just arrived on here today and I was fortunate enough to find this category. I have a website which i believe will be a great resource for anyone in the art community..Its only very young (couple of months) but it has big dreams haha..All comments welcomed and thanks for visiting..It is www.Artisanhq.com

Warm Regards Ian
artyian

Re: My website is a video tutorial site for artists of any l

Postby Singular » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:08 am

Great site Ian. How did you get all of those videos on your site so quickly? Were they all posted by artists or did you upload them yourself, with the artist's permission?

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby artyian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:15 am

Yes. And a lot and a lot of time. You cam probably appreciate the amount of hours which go into webdesign and upload, Wordpress blah blah blah..They have gone on in about one month and a half and I have reviewed and critiqued each one!!Annoyingly Im a perfectionist haha..Glad you liked it. I like your site too, Im not sure how I found it this morning though..Keep it up.

Ian
artyian

Postby Singular » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks. Yes, I can appreciate the amount of hours. Unfortunately, I put this site together before I knew of Wordpress. This site was all my creation and was a lot of hard work that never ends.

I am confused at your answer. Did you upload all of the vids, or did artists? The reason I ask is because I have started a "knowledge base" on this site that will be a database of articles, tips and tutorials, etc.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby artyian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:29 am

oh sorry, some are uploads with permission, others from artists i know, and some direct as members of the site, all videos have to go through me to be vetted in case something that shouldnt be there enters. Yeah i think thats a great idea mate with you 'knowledge base' there really is not enough stuff on the web to support artists, as strange as that sounds.. how long have you had this site for then?
artyian

Postby Singular » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 am

I started this site in late 2005 for artists just to be able to get a little web exposure. I then added the art contest and opportunities listings, then the forums and gallery, then the monthly contests. Like I said, it is always growing and changing. Who knows what will be next.

I am always looking for other good sites to partner with or create some sort of joint venture. Perhaps we can do something in the future.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby artyian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:10 am

Well you should be very proud, its a cracking site, im glad i found it in the early hours of this morning haha..Well ill be looking to branch out before too long and as you said there is potential to maybe link exchange, joint venture of some kind or promote sites together, who knows. Do you have an email I can contact you from Joe?

Regards
artyian

Postby Singular » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 am

I just sent you a PM with my email address.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby artyian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:46 am

Ok great. I'll be in touch Joe. Im going to explore the rest of your site now haha.

Kind Regards
artyian

Postby shelley wheeler » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:09 pm

This is the coolest site! I just watched the sculpting a womans head video and I cant wait to try it myself....thank you!
shelley wheeler

Postby artyian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:15 pm

You're more than welcome Shelley. Thanks for the kind comments :)
artyian

Postby shelley wheeler » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 pm

I know I still need alot of practice, but I think you just changed my life...lol...The artist was wonderful and easy to follow...well she made it look easy anyway! I really liked the music and was able to just flow with her, of course, I had to pause... alot...and if she had been talking I think I would have been distracted, so it was perfect! Again,Thank You very much!
Attachments
shelley wheeler

Postby artyian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:56 am

I'll tell you what, not too shabby at all..Very nice. Well you certainly stuck to your word..Did you already have the materials or are you now a fully fledged sculptor??I definitely want to see more of your stuff. You know you can join the site if you like and exhibiti your work there for free if you click on the 'members' section. I'd be happy to help you promote your creations..I really am very pleased for you :)
artyian

Postby shelley wheeler » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks, Artyian! If you click on my name you can see my gallery. I have been sculpting , so I did have materials...but you can see she is the best thing I have made...watching the artist made me realize that all I had to do was change EVERYTHING...but just a little bit, so its really exciting. I claim to be a self taught artist, but that just means I havent been to school...when I am not making art, I am on the internet studying art. I so appreciate the fact that Ms. Mozdzen was willing to share her talent, and you are willing to spend all those hours on your site! I will join your site! Its already in my favorites!
shelley wheeler

Postby artyian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:41 am

Thats brilliant. Nothing wrong with being a self taught artist either..most of the greats were self taught..they just didnt have the pressures of modern society telling them to focus elesewhere. Keep it up. I saw your gallery earlier before this message, it's obvious you have a passion for art and the fact that you are willing to take others guidance and advice will only further you as an artist. Still working on the site now!!!haha
artyian