A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Love, Sadness and a Faery Tale ending!

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Love, Sadness and a Faery Tale ending!

Postby Guenn Eona Nimue » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi everyone! I posted this recently (a couple of days ago) in another forum....

"Hello everyone.... I don't know if this really qualifies as a "Forum Topic", and I know many would say "it was only a tree", but sharing does help to soothe the pain of ones loss, and is enormously therapeutic....

I lost you, my old friend, a few days ago. For thirty-five years we together unfailingly marked the glorious changing of the seasons, and you kindly shaded the backside of my building during the heat of many a summer. You were the picture of health towering seventy feet high, about the same age as me (85) from what I have been told. Numberless generations of squirrels and birds had called you home. So many happy memories.... the squirrels scurrying and leaping about.... the raccoons and possums that once found rest among your inviting branches.... all the birds nests that erupted with the delightful chorus of baby birds each year.... and all the fascinatingly intricate freshly spun spider webs, glistening with morning dew, among your limbs in the light of the rising sun! I loved you so very, very much.... Oh! My dear beloved old Maple Tree, how I wish I could have saved you!

You my old friend.... who brought such joy into my life, and the lives of so many others for so many years.... are gone."

A couple of days after I posted that little eulogy showing a picture of the tree that had been cut down, it was suggested that some part of my old friend should be preserved and that perhaps a staff, a bowl or a pendant could be made. Since my son is an artist and former wood worker, he volunteered and began the search for just the right piece of wood. He found one that he liked but I rejected it because it didn't "feel" right. He continued to search and as he did he noticed a hollow near the center of the tree trunk that was exposed when it was cut down. It must have formed many, many years ago, probably seventy or eighty, while I was still only a child.

Clearly two tree trunks close together had merged, becoming one. Being the curious sort, he cleared it of saw dust and made the most remarkable discovery! Within the tree all these many years has been hidden a secret! He said it was wedged in very tightly, and I watched from the second floor walkway as he used a hammer and a long screwdriver to carefully and patiently chisel it loose. When he brought it in I could hardly believe my eyes.... it was like a dream.

It's about two inches across at the widest point and has all the subtle beauty of a great Emerald, my fovorite gem! I would not even hazard a guess as to what it's really made of, nor have I any intention of finding out, but I will say that when I held it to my chest I immediately burst into tears with such joy as I have never felt before.... it rests upon my Altar for now, but soon, in a very special ritual, I will consecrate it my self and have it made (no cutting or faceting) into a most glorious and powerful Amulet.

I still can't get over it, and my mind keeps racing with all the possibilities of how something like that happens.... Did perhaps a child place it there? Maybe the tree slowly enveloped it as it grew out of the ground? Maybe two lovers placed it there? An occult ritual? What a wonderful mystery! Whatever the answer, I just love it....

Love and Light to you all.... Guenn

Last edited by Guenn Eona Nimue on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guenn Eona Nimue

Re: Love, Sadness and a Faery Tale ending!

Postby Singular » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:22 am

Hi Guenn. That is a very beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Guenn Eona Nimue » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 am

Hi Joe.... It's amazing! One reads of things being found in strange places but really, this "takes the cake"! I remember now, many years ago in California, seeing a tree where a brick had been lodged in the crotch of a tree and the same process was under way. It could no longer be removed and only the two ends of it were still visible from either side of the tree.

I think, now, that a lot of my intense emotional response had to do with the fact that "my world" has slowly gotten smaller and smaller over the years as my ability to get around has continued to steadily diminish, and the tree that was cut down was only about twenty feet from my bedroom window where I spend about half of my time. It was worst the day after they cut it down, and I couldn't bring myself to open the bedroom curtains as I had routinely done every day first thing in the morning for so many years. I still can't....

The good news is that on the opposite side of the building, my kitchen table, where I generally spend the other half of my day, faces a picture window overlooking the front yard where there is another tree about ten feet away, and more eighty and hundred year old trees visible to please the Nature lovers eye (just a little farther away), with the same "morning show" of fifty or sixty birds of several different kinds, along with the (sometimes naughty) squirrels, whose acrobatics just outside the window go on all day and are endlessly entertaining, brightening even the cloudiest day....

Take Care! Guenn
Guenn Eona Nimue

Postby Guenn Eona Nimue » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Here are better shots of the hollow where he discovered it....

Guenn Eona Nimue

Postby Guenn Eona Nimue » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:15 am

Hello all.... My son has told me he can see small air bubbles in it so it must be glass, which I already suspected, but that really does not matter to me, it could have been an ordinary rock and I would have been (almost) equally delighted! Take care, Guenn
Guenn Eona Nimue

Postby kcortese » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi Guenn. What a fantastic story!

Being a nature lover, I also get upset when a tree looses it's life. The logging companies cut a lot of trees from the forest next to my house. Why was your tree cut down?

I got the impression from your post that you practice the "Craft"? I'm asking because you mentioned an alter, and amulet. I tinker around with it too. Seems we have two things in common, art and the craft.
Blessed be,
Karen

Karen
kcortese

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Guenn Eona Nimue » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:12 am

Hi Karen!

Some years ago a similar size tree was cut down on the property (at the other end of the building) because its root system was actually starting to lift one corner of this four story building (trees can be enormously strong over time). In this case, the neighboring building owner, who had been complaining for years about having to pay to clear up leaves two feet thick on his side of the fence and on the roof of his building each year, finally exercised his legal right to cut away any of the branches over his property. This effectively killed the tree, so the owner of this property was advised to remove it to avoid any possible future liability, since it would eventually have started to rot.

I do practice a form of the Craft as a Light Worker. As you know Pagan, Wiccan and Druidic practices have common roots and some similarities that loosely unite them, though sometimes uneasily.

In a nutshell.... My path, refined over many years now, is extremely direct and simple, and actual physical rituals are very rarely if ever performed. Generally it (ritual) is performed silently in a meditative state using visualization. On this occasion though there will be a physical aspect involved in my "consecration" of this little gift from (I believe) the Faery Kingdom and the Nature Spirits. Love to know a little about your path too, if not intruding. Here is a picture of my Altar. I set it up the day I moved in to this apartment and it has remained essentially the same all these years at the foot of my bed.... Love and Light, Guenn

Guenn Eona Nimue

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:25 pm

I know that folks can feel for trees. Me and my grandmother planted two trees about 55 years ago. They were a foot high. Now they are about 60 foot hight. I found a small oak tree growing in my front yard while cutting grass one day. It was about 3" tall About the size of a tooth pick and had two leaves. That was about 40 years ago. Now it's about 80 feet tall. And about 3 feet in dim. And has about a 100,000 leaves. Every once in a while I drive by these two houses just to say hello to my old freinds.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:15 am

Fascinating and moving story indeed, thanks for sharing...
Erika Takacs

Postby Guenn Eona Nimue » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Hello Erika and you too John! That's a lovely story too John. It seems everyone has a special "giving tree" in their life!

Merry Chistmas everyone! Guenn
Guenn Eona Nimue

Postby Thumbprint Gallery » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Wow! that's such a fateful uplifting story that you can pass down! Thank you for sharing. It made my day.
Thumbprint Gallery