A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Black & Gold Psychedelic

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Black & Gold Psychedelic

Postby steezy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:27 pm

This is a little something I drew a couple years ago while peaking on LSD, Ketamine, and MDMA. I had never drawn anything before that or since. It was made with blue pen on white paper, then simply inverted in MSpaint. Constructive or destructive criticism is appreciated.

~Steezy

(I had to shrink the original to fit under 1mb of space so some quality may be lost I'm not sure)
Attachments
steezy

Re: Black & Gold Psychedelic

Postby steezy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:15 pm

On a semi-related note somebody has told me that what I have drawn is very similar to a mandala, a Buddhist/Hindu type of spiritual art. I don't think this is a mandala though because I am not religious or spiritual. I think it is a representation of who I was at the time of that drug trip, it was a time of change in my life, and I was feeling a lot of anxiety, depression, confusion, yet a desire to learn, live, and try new things. I think my drawing ended up embodying that theme.
steezy

Postby artbyJKB » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Very interesting. You said you have not done anything before or since, do you plan on doing anything else in the future? Have you tried?
I know I know questions instead of criticism, sorry I'm just very curious.
artbyJKB

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby steezy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:32 am

To be honest I have tried twice since then. Once was a apocalypse scene and one was a scene of a bird flying and the landscape below it. Both were in the same style of this one. Thanks for the interest.
steezy

Postby artbyJKB » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:43 am

That just seems like natural talent to me. You should really continue on with it. I also agree that it does seem spiritual. I love the eyes in the left upper corner very interesting. They seem beastly almost, not human. I really enjoy this drawing, great work.
artbyJKB

Postby lesliehansel » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:44 am

Steezy,

The composition is pretty strong and I like the repeating themes. I inverted the colors and actually prefer it blue and white. If you are interested in developing your drawing skills the easiest and most effective way is to draw. Find something that interests you and just draw, draw, draw. When I first started painting I found the hardest part was getting over the fear of being bad at it. If you enjoy doing it just do it and don’t worry about how it looks compared to other peoples work. There are some meditation you can do to help stimulate your right brain were special relationship is created.

If you’re the spiritual type hears a link: http://www.kundalini-tantra.com/rtbrain1.html

Here’s a book thats worth reading: http://www.drawright.com/

The great thing about art is you can only get better and you’ll never be perfect so if you think about it, there is really is no pressure at all.

Les
lesliehansel

Postby lesliehansel » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:09 am

I apologize, I didn’t read over that first page closely enough. It’s mostly about tantric sex. Here’s one that actually describes exercises for you to do.

http://todayinart.com/2009/12/22/8-draw ... -practice/

Les
lesliehansel

Postby sharkbarf » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 am

Steez-
Personally I really like the piece. It is centering, yet it has a high energy vibration because of the technique.
It definitely is a mandala. The types of psychedelics you were on would have tapped you into a spiritual place. Do you still suffer from anxiety, depression, etc? Because I think doing artwork is a positive way to channel those emotions.

If your not an artist primarily what brings you too the site?
Keep doing mind expanding drugs. Stay away from the others.
"Not conceded, just better than jail" - Dr. Spawk, FPC
sharkbarf

Postby garyh13 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:45 am

very interesting piece but to be honest does not look like a drawing you did while peaking on lsd but more or less like a
interpretation of the eye of god symbol threw most religions. :P :P :P
garyh13

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby steezy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:13 pm

artbyJKB: i am flattered by your compliments thank you very much

Les: thank you for the tantric sex and drawing links :)

Sharkbarf: I'm still mentally troubled but at least I can look at my drawing and feel calmer, I've made a resolution to draw/write more. I came to the site to see if there was artistic merit in my drawing, or if it was just childish doodlings to other people.

Garyh13: Heh, like I said I do not care for religions or gods. I can't really explain any part of the drawing because my brain was functioning on a completely different level when I drew it. Maybe like Sharkbarf said, the LSD tapped my brain into the same spiritual place that other people may reach through religion/meditation leading to similarities in the physical outcomes (drawings/art) of our experiences. Though similar as the art may be, each person may decipher and come to their own conclusions of what it means.
steezy