A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Maybe my age.

Everyone has issues and problems at one point in their lives. Maybe someone here has gone through exactly what you are. Come on in if you need some advice or just some one to talk to.

Maybe my age.

Postby johnwalkeasy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:36 pm

I seem to have somthing of an issue with my work.
Thier are kinds of work I could do. And have done. That has and will sell.
But I,ve chosen not to do that kind of work. For one thing, it,s the same kind of work you see in galleries and shows every where you go.
The work I chuse to do will not find it,s way into a gallery.
But it will find it,s way though time. And When I think of a person perhaps a 1000 or a 100,000 years from now. Will look at some of this work and think for a moment about the person who made it so long ago. For that moment I will live again.
And I guess because I,m a little older now. And most of my life has been lived. That,s the way I find myseft thinking.
It would have been nice to have made a little money. And done and had a few nice things when I was 30 years old. But now at 63. That don,t matter any more. Now it,s the work. And only the work.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Singular » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:43 pm

John, you are right. Money sometimes becomes less important when it is a question of what someone believes in. Your art is amazing and one of a kind. I would much rather be able to do that than sell out for a few bucks making art that is a dime a dozen. But I do think that if you found the right buyers, your work would sell very well.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 26
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby kcortese » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:20 am

The old masters all died poor. Thinking back on how many lives you have touched with art is rewarding enough. You will be remembered for many, many years after you are gone through the art you created. Who knows how many thousands of people will view and enjoy it in the future.
kcortese

Re: Maybe my age.

Postby Janet Harvey » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:49 am

There are a lot of artist's out there who are trying to make it in the art world, me included. Difficult to sell work, when everyone is struggling with their finances and tightening there belts, have little or no spare cash available.

I do art because I enjoy doing it, not painting things, that sell like poppies, hopefully people will like my work and they will get a great experience from looking at my work. Maybe in the future I will be popular like some of the masters, you never know anything can happen.
Janet Harvey

Postby bpier » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi John. Keep doing just what u do. I think your art is amazing. If there is one thing I've learned it's that if someone only paints for the money the art visibly suffers. Not only does the art suffer, the soul suffers. It's not about the finished work when an artist creates a work; it's about what happens to us in the process of creating. If the money comes that's a nice bonus but it's not why we do what we do. If we never got a dime we would still be driven to create art.
Brian
bpier

Postby Erika Takacs » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Very well said, Brian. It is about our engagement with the lifeless material and how we make it taking shape inside the process. We make it live in another reality, in another dimension. Our 'soul' is improved as a result. Much of what I see in the "art world" out there has no life, no soul in it at all. It is not common at all in those galleries and museums to find real art, but when you do, it feels you found a precious thing that will never leave you.
Erika Takacs

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:18 pm

I agree with everything written, here.
I pray that you still love what you do
because WE all love what you do!
Why don't you take a little time away from your work
and do some partying? You'll be refreshed with a new
attitude and everything won't seem so oppressive.
Love, E.
ehoeveler

Postby Janet Harvey » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:31 am

I think that is a great way to think, hard to stay positive in this time when everyone is very negative.
Janet Harvey

Postby LiveFreeSP » Mon May 13, 2013 9:46 am

I'm 25 this year.. I feel the same, am I old too? jp! Always stay positive!!! If they're talking **** about you, atleast they're thinking of you :) Just be thankful you woke this morning! (that's my main focus lol)
LiveFreeSP

Return to Art Therapy