A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

This is my current project

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

What would you suggest to price this piece at ?

$750.00
29%
$1,000.00
43%
$1800.00
No votes
$2,000.00 / +
29%
Other - Please post your suggestion
No votes

Total votes : 7

This is my current project

Postby Justin_Dancing_Hawk » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:54 am

I'm about to sign this in another hour or so! :D
The Title is "Tiger Oak" . I chose that title because Great Horned Owls have sometimes been referred to as Flying Tigers. She's got her eye on something & the dinner bell's ringing!
This is Pastel on Wallis Paper ; 24" x 18" . I intend to enter it in "Birds In Art" 2011 in Wausau, WI. Feedback I've had so far has been quite favorable & I'd appreciate hearing what folks here think of it! I'm quite pleased with it, but if anyone sees anything I can improve, don't be shy! I want it to be as good as possible.
Also, how do you all figure out pricing? I consider it a nemesis . I have a number in mind, but I'm not certain. I'd appreciate some guidance / feedback on the issue. I do have a LOT of work into this one!
Attachments
Photo 256.jpg
Finishing Up!
Photo 256.jpg (120.43 KiB)
Justin_Dancing_Hawk

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 pm

very nice work. What else needs to be done? You have this in Works in Progress, but it looks done to me. I have never been good at pricing work. So I am going to stay away from that. But there is a good thread on that topic posted here: http://asingularcreation.com/Forums/vie ... ht=pricing

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 26
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Justin_Dancing_Hawk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:28 am

I just had a few belly feather markings left to put in when I took this photo! :wink: :D I'm pleased that you like it! I'm quite pleased with it! I'm even hoping to base my reputation on it & will be submitting it to the PSA in hopes of garnering "Signature Member" status ! :lol: :wink: Thanks for the link! It's great! I went there & posted my thoughts on it all! LOL! It'll be interesting to see what comes of that! I'm gonna get higher quality photos of this - in finished condition - over the weekend & I'll post it some place appropriate here then! I hope you'll follow me & check out my blog at :www.stonefeatherfineartstudio.blogspot.com & friend me on Facebook!
I like YOUR work too!
Justin_Dancing_Hawk

Postby Singular » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:39 am

Glad I could help. I'll will definitely check it out when you post the finished pics.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 26
Blog: View Blog (2)

Here she IS !

Postby Justin_Dancing_Hawk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:06 am

I finished her early this morning & she's now signed ! I'm quite delighted & I think I'll post her to the Fury forum.
Attachments
Photo 259.jpg
Photo 259.jpg (145.33 KiB)
Justin_Dancing_Hawk

Postby BYart » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:21 pm

WOW!!! Beautiful Justin! Love the colors and your detail is fantastic! Will comment over in the Fury section as well, 'cause this one deserves it!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Thanks All!

Postby Justin_Dancing_Hawk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:10 am

Thanks for the compliments! I am very proud of this one! The trick NOW is to do as well on everything from now on! LOL! :lol:
Justin_Dancing_Hawk

Postby Toni Watts » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:23 am

Nice work! :D
Let us know how you get on with 'Birds in Art'!
Toni Watts Wildlife Art

http://www.toniwatts.com
Toni Watts

Sure Will!

Postby Justin_Dancing_Hawk » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 am

Thanks Tony ! I sure will do that! Entries aren't until spring, though! The show is in October! LOL! Stay tuned ! :lol: :!: :wink: :P
Justin_Dancing_Hawk

Postby applejacks789 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:06 pm

:shock: That's really good!! :D
applejacks789

Postby DaveL » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:40 am

Awsome work :D Really like this. As for price Im not sure. I see such variation in price around my area. Sometimes I have work that people pay alot for and then others that get very little. But I really just love to paint :D Good luck with Birds in art :D
DaveL