A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New Project!

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

New Project!

Postby Justin_Dancing_Hawk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:21 am

I started this a while back & have had it sitting on my table easel. I started playing with it while I was finishing Tiger Oak & I think it's shaping up pretty nice! It's even surprising me. I developed several tricks in Tiger Oak & now I find they're serving me well ! On that basis, I encourage everyone to optimize their time at the easel! :D
Attachments
Photo 257.jpg
Photo 257.jpg (103.86 KiB)
Justin_Dancing_Hawk

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:28 am

It is a nice start. I look forward to seeing it shape up.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 26
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Justin_Dancing_Hawk » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:32 pm

Me Too! LOL! :lol:
Justin_Dancing_Hawk

Postby kcortese » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:21 pm

OUTSTANDING!!!!

You have a god given gift. I love it already, can't wait to see it go forward.

Karen
kcortese

Thanks Karen! Join me, & become a WIZARD of AHHHHHs !!

Postby Justin_Dancing_Hawk » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:15 pm

This simple little painting is surprising me! When you nurture an eye for color & what happens to it in the light, you discover amazing things in your paintings! One major thing to keep in mind is that light IS color! From there, one must understand that light strongly effects color. For example, is a BLACK animal REALLY "BLACK" when you look at it in strong sunlight? OR, are there BLUES that shimmer off that glistening coat? LOOK! Search HARD for what else is REALLY there! The big thing is not so much to see what's there. It's either there, or it isn't! The TRICK is to convince the MIND to accept that it IS there! From there, it's a matter of getting the VALUES right! Something I learned from Albert Handell! . . . and also Harley Brown : IF the VALUES are RIGHT the eye will accept ANY color as correct!! This is because, as I said - color is effected STRONGLY by light! How many times have you taken photos of your paintings & they look SO WRONG you want to scream! The COLOR SHIFTS ! Grrrr ! BECAUSE of the COLOR of the LIGHT!! Even MORE than THAT, because of the TEMPERATURE of that light !! Another KEY is to understand that COLOR is NOT so much LIGHT/DARK as it is WARM /COOL!! Put the 2 things together & be amazed!. . . . be VERY AMAZED! Mastering this, one can begin to manipulate HOW that color is PERCEIVED , and how it impacts the viewer ! The next rung up the ladder is intentionally manipulating the PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPACT via the manipulation of color & light! THIS is when "art" becomes Art!! what I mean is, "art" is MERELY decorative! Art , on the other hand , is communicative & stimulating! In order to transcend from "art' to Art , a work MUST be INTELLECTUALLY, EMOTIONALLY, SPIRITUALLY AND SENSUALLY - STIMULATING!!
Color has SPIRITUAL impact because it has certain FREQUENCIES! - Vi
ations ! For the same reason, it will have EMOTIONAL impact! How masterfully one manipulates THOSE translates into their level of MASTERSHIP ! That is where the Intellectual & Sensual impact will come from! Overcome what the MIND says is there & SEE what the EYE sees! Do THAT and you transcend being an "artist" & become an Artist!! Once one becomes an Artist, they GROW to become a WIZARD!! There's wonderful MAGIC in those finger tips!! BECOME a WIZARD of AHHHHHH s !!!!
" Follow the YELLOW BRICK ROAD!!" "WEEEEEEEEEE'RE O F F to see the WIZARD . . . . ! ! ! " ( for WHAT is the YELLOW BRICK ROAD, but. . . . THE PATH TO ENLIGHTENMENT!!" ) As a MUNCHKIN , one is MYSTIFIED , along the road are terrifying wonders. Continue in COURAGE, have HEART , and use your BRAIN . . . . . . and you eventually find yourself in AHHHs. . . . . .only to DISCOVER that YOU are "THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN" !! !! ( No more MYSTERY!! ) You come to realize what was there all along! You just have to learn to SEE it!! Once you DO, . . . CLICK YOUR HEELS & your HOME FREE!! Always remember!! "THERE's N O PLACE LIKE H O M E !!" !! SO - FOLLOW THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD !! . . .FOLLOW the LIGHT!!
YOU'LL end up "ON TOP OF THE WORLD!" !! ( The title of this painting I'm including )
Attachments
%22On Top of the World %22.jpg
%22On Top of the World %22.jpg (26.55 KiB)
Justin_Dancing_Hawk

Art work

Postby sherryscarvings » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Your painting is really good. I love the colors and techique u have used
sherryscarvings

Postby DrSirDrawsALot » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:22 pm

This is going good so far!
-Crystal J.
DrSirDrawsALot