A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New Artworks 2010

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Teknowizard » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Menolly wrote:This is fantastic! :D What's the significance of the name for this one? I know you usually name your worlds after deities, but Threa isn't ringing a bell.

Thank. I couldn't think of anything cause have a new set of neighbors driving me nuts with loud music and I can't concentrate when its happening, so I just made an anagram from "Earth" for this worlds name.
My Facebook Fan Page - Come join as a fan and/or set up your own fan page.
Teknowizard

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Tek, I must say your work really knoks my socks off. You have to be about the best at the type of work you do. A great sence for color. One almost would think you,ll been to these places. And perhaps you have.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:58 pm

I'm quite captivated by the Loki Nebula. There's fire, there's anger, there's turmoil, and just beyond the apocalyptic scene there's a piece of serenity. You've captured a wide range of emotions with this one, Randall, and that is just fantastic!
Erika Takacs

Postby Menolly » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:26 am

Yeah, I can sympathize with the neighbor issue... ours used to get into fights so loud you could hear them word for word. Paint something destructive and name it after their music! :twisted:
Menolly

Postby Teknowizard » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:48 am

johnwalkeasy wrote:Tek, I must say your work really knoks my socks off. You have to be about the best at the type of work you do. A great sence for color. One almost would think you,ll been to these places. And perhaps you have.

Thanks, ya I've spent much of my life studying the stars and astrophysics so has given me lots of food for imagination. To me I have no greater fantasy than a ship to explore the universe with, so I imagine my own and do it in my own mind... lol
Teknowizard

Postby Teknowizard » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:53 am

Erika Takacs wrote:I'm quite captivated by the Loki Nebula. There's fire, there's anger, there's turmoil, and just beyond the apocalyptic scene there's a piece of serenity. You've captured a wide range of emotions with this one, Randall, and that is just fantastic!

Ya I tried to do a Loki nebula before and it never felt right because I did it more along the lines of dark and mysterious. So this time I thought I'd do fiery
ight colors and then the hole in the clouds to give it a mysterious/mischievous feel. In the legends Loki would often seem to behave himself but was always up to something.
Teknowizard

Postby Teknowizard » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Menolly wrote:Yeah, I can sympathize with the neighbor issue... ours used to get into fights so loud you could hear them word for word. Paint something destructive and name it after their music! :twisted:

LOL, I've had several bad ones in the years I've lived here. Had one good one for a couple months last year but the poor guy had a stroke and couldn't live on his own while recovering. One good thing at least has come from this recession, in the past I've had problems with my landlord dealing with them in a timely manner but Russ has now learned the value of a tenant that pays his rent on time and protects the property from the gangs and **** so this time they are tackling it right away. One of the people from the office just came by an hour ago and let me know they are proceeding with the eviction since he didn't comply with the notice to move his friends out.
Teknowizard

Postby Menolly » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Always good to see the silver lining!
Menolly

Previous