A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Newbie posting work

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie posting work

Postby demac » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi all

As it says be gentle!

I mostly paint imaginative oil paintings, been painting for 2 years and self taught. Trying to find the right site to showcase my work as they mostly paint landscapes and mine are quite different. so any suggestions are welcome.

Let me know what you think of my art - All comments are good comments even if you hate my work, all opinions counts :? :
demac

Postby Harmonygirl » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 pm

You have some very lovely work. You have talent and it comes out in your work. Very interesting content. Quite imaginative. I love the colour in your art, you seem to use it so comfortably. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Great to have you here. Enjoy the site, it is wonderful for getting critiques or just to show....

shannon
art comes from the soul

harmonyinart.webs.com
harmony-in-art.blogspot.com
Harmonygirl

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:23 pm

Hi demac,

As Harmony said, you have a big talent and you are very creative girl.
all the best
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby demac » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:18 am

Thanks Krysta, i really appreciate your comments

i found a site www.female-anatomy-for-artist.com which will help me finish off the paintings anyone doing figures would appreciate this site.
Deanne
demac

Postby canvas15 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:39 am

demac wrote:Thanks Krysta, i really appreciate your comments

i found a site www.female-anatomy-for-artist.com which will help me finish off the paintings anyone doing figures would appreciate this site.
Deanne

Thanks a lot for the link. I am also a self taught painter/ and I love to to draw just have a passion for it but drawing people is something that seems impossible to do due to all the proportions and so forth this seems to be a sight I need thank you so much for sharing! :D
canvas15

Postby xxbreezy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:32 am

Hi Demac
Just want to take a minute to thank you for visiting my website and signing my guestbook. Your work is lovely and hope to spend a little more time here soon checking it all out.
Linda
xxbreezy

Postby demac » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:22 am

Canvas15 - Glad it is of help if I find anything else I will let you know

Linda - Spend more time in here there are some great people in here and its the only site i have found to give constructive critisim rather than comments of 'thats crap don't give up your day job'

:lol:
demac

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:23 am

Yes, I do spend alot of time here and there are alot of great people here. Just alot going on and my time has been limited. I actually meant I hope I can spend more time looking at your artwork...lol...but thats OK. Take care
Linda
xxbreezy

Postby demac » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:15 am

Linda

Have you looked at my site lately as I have put your site on my links page.

Hope you don't mind

and I have found a model so I soon will be able to finish off the Naked Lady and Inferno....Hooray!!!! Its been bugging me for ages as I have loads of ideas for other paintings but as I have 6 Unfinished I am running out of space.

I also got contacted personally by Inverness Museum/Gallery and they are having their yearly review and they have downloaded my pics to include in the meeting...so fingures crossed xxxx and toes xxx lol
De
demac

Postby revad » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:14 pm

The naked lady series is a great concept. Thinking outside the box in this way gives a huge kick to the creative juices.

One aspect of the series, as it stands, is that there are lots of parts still left to the imagination.

If you don't mind me saying, I hope you don't, then I would suggest being careful about when to finish. Leaving gaps in the depiction would, for me at least, be just as important as the components that are present.
revad

Postby demac » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks for your comments Ravid, be reassured but the Naked lady is going to stay at 4 pieces, I want people to use their imagination in filling in the blanks, I will be posting a pick of what they would look like hung on the wall - still waiting for the model to recover from new year before I can finish them off though.

I also have finished this in Conte its big (4ft tall) was intending on an undersea scene with a mermaid but got this result so left the mermaid out - what do you think? Called Imagine

All comments are appreciated!!
Deanne
Attachments
js800_imagine.jpg
js800_imagine.jpg (133.08 KiB)
demac

RE: Imagine

Postby Jeanette » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi Deanne!
I guessing you're leaving out the mermaid, b/c, by this photo, I see an almost ghostly face in the middle, w/ the kelp being drawn to it...
I see 2 eyes, a bit of a nose, and the mouth..
Or is my imagination going wild again? :lol:
Jeanette
Jeanette

Postby demac » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:16 am

No its not your imagination - thats what a couple of people who have seen it say, this was not intentional but works....lol

Freaky is probably the right term to stick on this drawing ...lol

Let me know what you see as differant people see differant things in it and I was wondering if its the imagination or is it just the way its turned out ??/

Thans Deanne
demac

Postby Jeanette » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Well, for me it's Alien-like, the eyes are slightly slanted, and the mouth is an elongated oval..I almost see a hand, in the paintings left side, reaching up, or out..The head is large-ish..the body, not clear..
I'd be interested to hear what other's saw, you should blog about it!
Jeanette
Jeanette

Postby cirekoy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:44 pm

I really enjoy your work, keep it up! I'm always so impressed by people's work here...thanks for posting and sharing it with the world.
_________
http://beartful.com - Gallery quality prints at low cost
cirekoy

Postby demac » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 am

Thank you for the great comments...

So we have a ghost and an alien so far...does anyone see anything else...? I know it is a little freaky how this turned out...lol

The people who have seen this have said the same, as well as a merman, with skulls in the seaweed a gapping mouth in the sea and well the list goes on.... please comment as I am fasinated by what people see in this drawing..

De
demac

Postby kcortese » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:26 pm

I like this piece, very large too.

The faint face is cool, but I really think it needs something to fill in the voided space.

The seeweed seems to be floating towards the middle like something just went past. Perhaps some bubbles or something if you don't want a large subject like your mermaid. Maybe a fish got scared of the alien and left behind stuff floating in his wake. Perhaps some sun rays shining through the surface of the water (it looks like rays are almost there).

Just my oppinion and suggestions, hope you don't get offended.

Karen
kcortese