A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Please give an opinion

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Please give an opinion

Postby jenbray » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:22 am

Hi everyone, would you be kind enough to give your opinions on a couple of my latest works? I really am struggling with my confidence at the moment and am considering abandoning the whole idea of an art career! Its just seems too difficult to acheive and I can't seem to concentrate on any single area.

The first is oil on canvas 13"x22" and took 17 hours to complete. The second is a dog portrait in oils on canvas paper 10" x 8", and is a first attempt at this kind of thing. It took me 12-14 hours to complete. I was thinking about doing pet portraiture on my return to the UK.
Attachments
Beagle72.jpg
Beagle72.jpg (83.3 KiB)
sunflowers72.jpg
sunflowers72.jpg (91.47 KiB)
jenbray

Postby Riaan Marais » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:51 pm

The flower painting is good, though I am not to keen on painting flowers. The dog is excellent. Do not give up so soon. You are one talented artist. Just persevere and remember why you do art. I do it for the love of it, escaping reality and losing myself in a painting for hours is worth more than the money I get for it.

Just love it and the love will return to you!

Riaan
Riaan Marais

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Harmonygirl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:59 pm

Oh my dear, don't give up so soon. I completely understand the confidence problem. i am stuggling with the same thing. Just remember. Art is beautiful. Do you enjoy working on your art? Then keep up with it. You will only regret if you give up something you love.

FYI, these are wonderful. You do have talent. Don't fret. Just keep showing them and you will build confidence. Show as many people as you can. Enter contests just to enter. Just do what you love and show it. Before you know it.... you won't be able to stop you.

You are a great artist
Harmonygirl

Re: Please give an opinion

Postby krysta11 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:28 pm

jen
ay wrote:
Hi everyone, would you be kind enough to give your opinions on a couple of my latest works? I really am struggling with my confidence at the moment and am considering abandoning the whole idea of an art career! Its just seems too difficult to acheive and I can't seem to concentrate on any single area.

The first is oil on canvas 13"x22" and took 17 hours to complete. The second is a dog portrait in oils on canvas paper 10" x 8", and is a first attempt at this kind of thing. It took me 12-14 hours to complete. I was thinking about doing pet portraiture on my return to the UK.

Hello jen
ay,

You are a wonderful, very talented artist. Do not even think that way ever!!
Your paintings are very beautiful and I believe that you will achieve a lot in your art career! It is just up to you how you will come out with your paintings. I agree very much with Riaan and Harmonygirl. Think about it girl!

all the best
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby BYart » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi jen
ay,
I agree with the others, you are very talented! I love both pieces, though as an animal lover, my Fav. is the dog. The flower piece is happy, and lively, and I like it very much!
The dog is very nicely done, great expression and detail. Keep up the great work!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Re: Please give an opinion

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 pm

jen
ay wrote:
I really am struggling with my confidence at the moment and am considering abandoning the whole idea of an art career! Its just seems too difficult to acheive and I can't seem to concentrate on any single area.

I've seen this in me at times, and I've seen it in others. It's not a pleasant feeling. Personally, I think -although you may not realize it now- this is the time when you take a leap ahead. When you will overcome your negative feelings, you'll see an improvement in your work.
Your flowers are painted in a very unique style, I really like that style. Hang in there, maybe take a small
eak, then come back to it with renewed energy. Hope this helps.
Erika Takacs