A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Submission to the 2013 Pikto Top Pick Photography Contest

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Submission to the 2013 Pikto Top Pick Photography Contest

Postby thelearningcurvephotography » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:33 am

Submission to the 2013 Pikto Top Pick Photography Contest. The grand prize in the competition is $5,000 towards the production of a two month exhibit at Piktos Photography Gallery located in the Distillery District here in Toronto Canada.

http://www.pikto.com/cad/gallery/top-pick.html?list_by=artist&artist=Brian+Carson

A new addition to this years contest is all submissions are made available as Limited Edition prints. The editions are:

• Silver Halide Chromogenic Print. Limited to 200 copies.
• Canvas Wrap. Limited to 100 copies.
• Metallic Plexi Face Mount. Limited to 100 copies.

All prints include a certificate of authenticity.

I will be posting the individual images here to A Singular Creation over the next while but in the meantime....
If you like what you see, please consider stopping by the gallery and giving a thumbs up to 1 of the images. It helps in the accumulation of points in the contest :D
thelearningcurvephotography

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (15)

Re: Submission to the 2013 Pikto Top Pick Photography Contes

Postby rhknigh » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:26 pm

This is beautiful. I love black & white photography anyways, and this is just amazing. I love the detail captured. My guess - macro lens? Not that I expect any secrets to be divulged. I noticed the high grade production quality on your editions. Certificate of authenticity is a great thing to add value as well. I salute your expertise in your craft and your decisions in sharing your trade with the public. Best wishes to you - Rebecca
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26

Postby Singular » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:13 pm

very nice indeed!
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:27 pm

When I worked as a floral designer I noticed that these particular flowers
were the 'low budget' choices - good hospital or funeral fillers.
With these photos, the 'cheapies' have been elevated to immortality. Fine concept
and Fabuloso treatment. Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby thelearningcurvephotography » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:31 am

Thanks Rebecca for your kind words. The contest this year is very exciting. The possibility of a exibition in a very respected photography gallery in one of the most beautiful areas of the city is a great opportunity.

rhknigh wrote:My guess - macro lens? Not that I expect any secrets to be divulged.

All the shots were done in the spring and summer of 2013. I'm thankful for a few of my neighbours who tolerated me trudging around their gardens with camera in hand :D The pics were all shot using a Canon EOS 60D body and a Sigma 17-70mm f2.8 DC Macro lens. I used a ring flash on the lens at very low power to fill in some of the harsh shadows created by the sunlight (I don't mind giving away a few secrets. If it helps people learn, it's all good).
thelearningcurvephotography

Blog: View Blog (15)