A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New Website, still under construction.

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

New Website, still under construction.

Postby kcortese » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:19 am

Here is my new website still under construction
http://cortesecreations.com
Last edited by kcortese on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
kcortese

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: New Website, still under construction.

Postby rhknigh » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:54 pm

http://www.cortesecreations.com/ Great job, Karen! This looks very professional. I like the Etsy integration on the bottom of your front page, good for conversion from visitor to customer. Your photographs are very clear and well done. I hope I could take pictures of artwork as well as you someday, I am always mucking it up when I try :P

I know you are still working on the site; only suggestion I have is on the "About" page you might want to have your name on there. :)
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26

Postby kcortese » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Hello Rebecca.

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit my new website.

Yes, I'm still working on it. I fart around with it mostly in the mornings when my dial-up internet is running faster.

I'll take your suggestion and fix the name on the About page. DAAA! Didn't think of that.

I take pictures with a very cheap digital camera, Sanyo 10.0 mega pixels and I HATE IT!!! I attach it to a tripod which helps with the shakes of my old hands. In the past, I was holding the camera in my hands, and the pics were always blurry. The tripod helps a great deal with that problem.
kcortese

Postby rhknigh » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:53 pm

kcortese wrote:I take pictures with a very cheap digital camera, Sanyo 10.0 mega pixels and I HATE IT!!! I attach it to a tripod which helps with the shakes of my old hands. In the past, I was holding the camera in my hands, and the pics were always blurry. The tripod helps a great deal with that problem.

You have got the lighting and angle down pat I tell you. Maybe I need to try using a tripod, I have relied on my iPhone camera far too long. I have a cheapo camera and I think Tanya has a tripod she doesn't mind me borrowing... I am guessing maybe with my hands free I can do a better job at positioning lights and artwork etc. I will have to take a step towards improving. I know I need to figure it out, since sometimes the only way to show something is to photograph it myself.

One more idea, you can use or eschew is on the Slate Paintings, you have in large red letters "SORRY, I DON'T DO PEOPLE" It is kind of funny, and it is the first thing that catches my eye in the text of that page. Maybe more to the point you could say "Sorry, I do not paint people" or something and just put it closer to the top in bold print. But you can keep the red if you want, you can keep it just the way it is. Just that kind of thing, I get it, it is that I notice it first, so you might be interrupting yourself with what you want to come across on that page. Or that could just be me.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:40 pm

I tried to get there, but was unable to.
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:06 pm

ehoeveler wrote:I tried to get there, but was unable to.

E, try clicking on the link in my first reply. Something was missing on the original.

rhknigh
Writer

Postby kcortese » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:47 am

I fixed my link. I left out one of "t's" in "http:" Sorry about that.
kcortese

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:30 pm

I saw and it's fabulous - ez access to all works and tastefully designed.
I like your emphasis on lower prices for original art. I would take out the Sorry/people thing altogether. When you say in bold red that you 'don't do' it's almost like a cleaning lady saying
'I don't do windows', lol. Viewers will realize that for themselves after seeing your wonderful work.
ehoeveler

Postby kcortese » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:39 am

Thanks Elizabeth, I think I'll do that.
kcortese