A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Feedback Please?

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Feedback Please?

Postby CrystalBananas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:09 am

Hey Everyone!

Since last January I've been working really hard to revamp my entire website. I'm hoping to get some feedback-- not necessarily on my artwork itself (although if you have specific thoughts on it, I'd love to hear) but more on the set-up and organization of the site as a whole. I do a lot of different types of work, and feel like each piece lies somewhere on the sliding scale of "fine" art to "commercial" art. I've struggled to figure out how to present my work and categorize it so that it makes sense. Any comments would be appreciated! I'd love to continue to make it better. Thanks for taking the time to check it out! If you'd like me to check out your site in exchange, I'd be happy to :)

http://www.crystalbananas.com/
CrystalBananas

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Feedback Please?

Postby Singular » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:30 am

Hi Adrienne,

I can't stress enough how much I love your site. The monster coloring pages are genius. I am going to download a few for my kids to color. I really hope things take off for you. You've got lots of talent and great ideas.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby CrystalBananas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:48 am

Oh my gosh, wow Joe-- thank you for your kind words! That means a lot to me. I hope your kids enjoy the creatures!
CrystalBananas

Postby Alison555 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:36 am

Your website looks great and unique! I like it a lot! Did you use Wordpress for its creation, if it's not a secret, of course? :) I was asked for help in creation of a site for my friend and I'm looking for a good template/theme/website builder now. Recently I was suggested to try one of the wordpress dance venue themes, but I haven't decided yet. I hope my site will look at least half as awesome as yours :) Thanks in advance!
Alison555

Postby CrystalBananas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:03 am

Hey Alison555, aw well thank you! I use Weebly as my site builder, and although I've found a few things that I'm not crazy about, it's generally worked really well for me. It's easy to use and offers quite a few different options in terms of layout, style, etc. I have a co-worker who knows a little bit more about coding than I do, and she's helped me go into the back end to customize things a little more. Mostly, though, I just make my own images and choose where I want them to go within the layouts that offer more flexibility. I happen to have hosting through a different site and just use Weebly as the builder, but I think you have the option to get both your hosting and builder through Weebly too, if you need both. Let me know if you have any specific questions about it! I'd be happy to help :)
CrystalBananas

Postby Alison555 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks for your reply, CrystalBananas! You really helped me. Unfortunately, I don't have such a co-worker who can help me with coding, but I heard using of website builders doesn't require special skill. So, I hope I will be able to cope with this work by myself. Also thank you for your readiness to help!
Alison555

Postby CrystalBananas » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:58 am

Anytime Alison555! Yeah, the website builder is very easy and straightforward to use :) Best of luck!
CrystalBananas