A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Query Gypsy Leah Upload trouble

All Showdown Contest related questions go here

Moderator: Moderators

Query Gypsy Leah Upload trouble

Postby Gypsy Leah my lucky day » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:16 am

I have just uploaded 2 more photos to your current Red contest. They were of a red toy bear climbing wooden ladders when I was loading them from my computer they were the correct way up, but when the upload to your contest had finished I noticed that the image was the wrong way round. I don't know what's causing this as they should be the right way up when they are uploaded to the contest. I've tried everything to correct this, but can't. I've never had that problem before, could you please help me in this matter? They are entered but displaying the wrong way up.

Your kind help in the above matter would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Kind regards.

Gypsy Leah My Lucky Day
Gypsy Leah my lucky day

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Query Gypsy Leah Upload trouble

Postby Singular » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 am

Hi, images will upload as they are saved on your computer. If you need them to be rotated, you need to fix it on your computer before you upload it. You can use any photo software to rotate an image. Of if you would like to try, you can use the editor that we have linked to the gallery. Go to your image on the gallery and click the 2nd icon next to the title. I have attached an image to show you. That will take you to a 3rd party image editor that will allow you to rotate your image. Once you do, click the "export" button and that will save the image back to the gallery.

best of luck,
Joe
Attachments
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Gypsy Leah my lucky day » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello

Dear Joe

thank you for your very quick reply and kindly attaching the image showing me what to do, and all your help. Before I uploaded the images of Red Ted from my computer I did notice that one of them was not the correct way round I then made sure that this was corrected before I loaded both images to the contest. But when I'd finished I noticed that both images were the wrong way round.

I did follow your instructions for going to my image on the gallery and clicking the second icon next to the title. This took me to a Picture Editor called Pic-Monkey when I've rotated my image the correct way round I click export the wording is, Are you sure you want to replace this image? It gives you two options YES or CANCEL when I click yes
it tells me to wait while it exports the image. However, immediately after that a page flashes on the screen with a 403 FORBIDDEN You do not have permission to access Pic-Monkey get php on this server. Additionally a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while using an error document to handle the request.

I don't know what all this means? If you could possibly shed some light on what is causing the 403 FORBIDDEN error I would be most grateful.

Your kind help in the above matter would be most appreciated. Sorry to bother you again about this.

With Kind regards.
Gypsy Leah My Lucky Day.
Gypsy Leah my lucky day

Postby Singular » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:37 pm

I have fixed it.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Gypsy Leah my lucky day » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:03 pm

Dear Joe

Thank you for fixing my images. I'm extremely grateful, I'm not sure what caused my problem in the first place.

Thank you again, much obliged.

Kinds regards.
Gypsy Leah
Gypsy Leah my lucky day