A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Posting question

Support for all gallery and showdown related issues, such as uploading files, finding your images and using keywords

Moderator: Moderators

Posting question

Postby anthonymdavis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:15 am

Hi Folks,

I'm not sure this the right place for this question or not. When I post work in one of the contests, is there a way to also load it into a personal album? Or, does it need to be loaded separately? I've seen where images can be tagged to multiple areas (painting, photo, etc) but haven't found a way for multiple albums.

I realize it wouldn't be much work to post it twice in two different places. I just don't want it showing up on my profile page as two separate works. Given that there are people who know this site better than me, I figured I'd ask the experts. :D

~ Tony
http://www.anthonymdavis.com
anthonymdavis

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Posting question

Postby Singular » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:38 am

Hi Tony,

If you upload an image to your personal album, you can also include it on all of the other public albums, such as Paintings, Photography, etc. You can include it in as many albums as you want. However, you can't upload to your personal album and include it in a contest album. Contest submissions must be outside of your personal gallery and need to be uploaded separately.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby anthonymdavis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:59 am

Okay...Making sure I got this right. If I load up albums with work and a contest comes up that is related to something in my album, I can't use it in the contest?

Conversely, after submitting to a contest, I can't add that image after the fact to an album?

I know this is a shift from the original question...but your answer gave me these questions.

~ Tony
anthonymdavis

Postby Singular » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:06 am

anthonymdavis wrote:Okay...Making sure I got this right. If I load up albums with work and a contest comes up that is related to something in my album, I can't use it in the contest?

No. You can upload to both, just not at the same time. For all of the other public albums in the gallery, you can add any image to them when you upload to your gallery. So you would only have to upload once. But in order to enter the contest with an image in one of your albums, you either need to move it or upload it a second time.

anthonymdavis wrote:Conversely, after submitting to a contest, I can't add that image after the fact to an album?

No. If you submit an image to a contest, you can include it in all of the other public albums. But if you want it in your personal gallery album, you would need to move it, or upload it a second time.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby anthonymdavis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:28 am

Okay...That makes sense. Thank You.

~ Tony
anthonymdavis