A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Monthly Competition Please Help Regading File Size

Support for all gallery and showdown related issues, such as uploading files, finding your images and using keywords

Moderator: Moderators

Monthly Competition Please Help Regading File Size

Postby ajc1987 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:13 am

Hello there! I am new to this website and so please forgive me if someone has already asked this question as I'm having a bit of difficulty navigating the website. :cry: I want to submit a work of art to the monthly online competition but every time I try to do so, either the file size is too large or it is not in the right format. What are the limits for the file size and if the file is too big, how do I decrease its size? Also, what is the correct format? I have been trying to add photos of my work that are in jpeg format but that doesn't seem to be the correct format. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!! :D :D :D

Thank you so much in advance!

Ashley
ajc1987

Re: Monthly Competition Please Help Regading File Size

Postby Singular » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:47 am

Hi Ashley,

Images can't be larger than 3MB and can be in most image formats. Jpg is perfect. I use a free software called irfanview to resize images and to decrease file size without losing any quality. It is very easy to use. Here is the link: http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Gallery Support