A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Critical Error Message??

Support for all forum related issues, such as adding attachments, avatars and creating polls

Moderator: Moderators

Critical Error Message??

Postby drawn2art » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:49 pm

below (in bold) is an error message I've received a few times while trying to view the forums page on this site. Instead of the forum page loading I get the message below on a white screen. Has this happened to anyone else?

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

PS: the site has also been very slow in loading and I'm on a DSL connection.
drawn2art

Postby Singular » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:13 pm

Thanks for
inging that to my attention. It may have been while the server was going through some routine maintenance. I will look into it further.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby the_pm » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:28 pm

Hello drawn2art,

It is safe to say, given the contents of the error message, that the issue involved a hiccough with the server at the root level, something we're not in the position to either cause or fix. If any prolonged outages occur, we'll make the necessary inquiries to have the situation rectified.

As for the slow load, this could be caused by any number of things. The site itself isn't massive in terms of size/download time, but it's not exactly sparse either. There might have been a slowdown within your DSL. There might have been a bandwidth issue with the server ( which would likely coincide with the other problem), and/or it's possible the site was taking the long route from the server to your computer (this typically doesn't cause a noticable increase it download time, but on rare occasion, it could affect loading speed).

Thank you very much for
inging these issues to our attention.

Paul H.
the_pm

Postby drawn2art » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:58 am

THANKS Paul and Joe. :)
I can see how things would slow down from time to time, even on a DSL connetction. I have experienced this on other sites and it seems to coincide with the time of day I'm surfing also.
drawn2art