A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

How to send work

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

How to send work

Postby rips10 » Wed May 09, 2007 12:08 pm

I have sent one of my art work but I hav'nt got any answer.My work is a water colore painting, my questoin is as a new artist how many painting I can send and how?And second question is, is there any technique for qubism being used?If u see my work can u help me to out my problem of the painting?
rips10

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Wed May 09, 2007 9:08 pm

I would say about 15 to 20 works. Take 35mm sides of the work, with sizes. Send a price list. Send a letter about yourseft. Also send a seft addressed envelope with postage. Also, you can called some of the galleries in your town. Ask them about consignment. But above all, you will need to have a number of works. Most important of all is to learn to take the word no and don,t give up. It,s not an easy thing for an artist to get work in a gallery. You will have to knock on a lot of doors. Good Luck.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

thanks

Postby rips10 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:41 am

Thanks for the advise that you have given me.Actually I am ready for rejection ,cous I want to make my self an real artist.To me art is a daily practice and experimental subject.As long as I'll hear no I will try my best to make it yes.There is always a new start for a great work.Anyway thank you very mouch for your good advice.
rips10

Gallery: View Gallery