A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Amazing Digital Tricks

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

Amazing Digital Tricks

Postby wizard3 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 am

I am going to share many digital tricks here. To begin I did find the panoviewer I was looking for. This one is VERY unique in that it takes full advantage of Flash 11 molehill 3D canvas. Flash is not going to continue as the primary player on "all" devices, but the 3D canvas will prevail and evolve further. Nothing out there can touch its elegance and speed. Meanwhile as Flash apps become less common things like this one will become rare. This one is not free, but that price is CHEAP for what this is. None of you have brushes in any collection that can come close to what this thing can do that cost a mere $15... and it NEVER wears out nor needs to be cleaned!

http://activeden.net/item/360-xml-panorama-player/3323251

I do have a different approach to using these than most here seem to consider. You have mentioned that such a thing could be used to create a room to hang your work in. Why has it never occurred to you that the more amazing thing is that it can provide the canvas itself? One can paint within them. One can hang photographs not within them, but to them so that one is standing within the image. I do have some up on http://wizard3.com now. They are not in this Flash format but an early Javascript and for that reason one will get a warning about allowing them to play. Not to worry. It is only because the player is outdated. In the examples there the work is digital paintings done on the skyboxes as the medium rather than the skyboxes used as a gallery for medium.
wizard3

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Amazing Digital Tricks

Postby wizard3 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:56 am

To get you right to the point, this is the beginning of that series:

http://wizard303.businesscatalyst.com/3rd/PURE_Player_PRO_for_Java_3rd.html

Give the Java permission to run and you will see just a hint at the possibilities. What I am after here is a breathing painting that is forever changing. One can travel through it. One can spin it like a whirligig. One can immerse in it. One can find meaning or one can simply play. There is a sound track to this, but I found it overbearing and it is presently being reworked. Adobe also has one of the best sound suits one can hope to work with.

I used the outdated Java while learning about Java players and compatibility issues. This particular one is worth updating because of some elegant algorithms that provide for rapid and smooth play during the twirls. Flash can do better. Flash converted can do almost as well.
wizard3

Postby wizard3 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:02 am

I do need to stress a point. I discontinued that website for a reason. That stuff is crap. It does not even touch what After Effects can do.
wizard3

Postby barbaragreenemann » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 pm

cool i will check you out cuz I really like artists who don't feel they need to hold onto secrets. Yes we need artists, I don't think the general public realizes that but artists do.
barb mann
barbaragreenemann

Blog: View Blog (2)