A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

art and culture

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

art and culture

Postby leepeeka » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:51 am

I am planning on moving and am trying to find a good place to go with a lot of art culture.? I am trying to research areas to live that are close to museums, theater, art shops, close to a college, and most of all a place of with lots of culture. Does anyone know of any good ideas or even a website of which i could put in what i am looking for? Place with not so hot summers, moderate winters, lots of outdoors activities and close to the arts...a place where an artist could thrive.
Last edited by leepeeka on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
leepeeka

Postby Singular » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:51 am

One place that comes to mind is Santa Fe, New Mexico. It is a small city that has hundreds of art galleries and a huge art scene. Chicago is a much bigger city, but also fits your description. But honestly, there are many places that could apply. It all depends on you. Do you want to live on the east coast, west coast, Midwest? Does that even matter?
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: art and culture

Postby mfrkm455 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:05 am

if we would ask about art and culture quickly they would spell India, coz India is the motherland of art, culture and architecture all across the globe where each historical monument in the country like the forts, palaces, caves, temples, mosques and churches reflect the glory of the era to which they belonged. The Art and Culture Tour of India unravels an unforgettable journey of the monuments of the olden times in India like the Taj Mahal in Agra, Uttar Pradesh; Ajanta Ellora caves near Aurangabad in Maharashtra; the mesmerising temples of Khajuraho and South India along with many more structures portray the enriched architecture of India in the olden times.

Indian traditional art forms are the most evolved and cultured systems in the world where carnatic music, classical dance styles like Bharathanatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Kathak, Manipuri etc, theatre and various drama forms including Harikatha and folk arts are amongst the traditional and ancient art and entertainment forms today. Indian films of today were based on the traditional arts in their formative years during 1930's and 40's. Indian cinema especially Hindi and Tamil cinema have evolved as the largest film industries in the world next only to Hollywood.
Beautiful Long Feather Earrings for Girls
Best Reviews of Giant Bicycle
mfrkm455

Postby abakada » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Maybe you can go to photography forums where in photographers like you exchange ideas.
abakada

Postby DaliArtFan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:55 am

I'd have to second the suggestion of Santa Fe...I've heard that this place has a great climate and a nice art scene. Chicago mentioned above is also nice, but wow it gets coooold there!
My favorite art: Salvador Dali Paintings
DaliArtFan

Postby shelley wheeler » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:44 pm

youve just described seattle....i was wearing a jacket today
shelley wheeler

Postby martinsheridan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:51 am

London is with no doubt the cultural heart of England. With incredible museums like the V & A and British Museum, Shakespeare's Globe, and literally hundreds of new bands rocking out venues across the city every night – it’s world-beating. And if you love art then you’ve certainly arrived.
martinsheridan

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Austin, Texas? Great music, art town - always has been.
Job situation is fairly decent. Good Luck, E.
ehoeveler

Postby benitasinn » Sat May 04, 2013 1:39 am

If you fancy a holiday devoted to art or to history, Italy is just about the best destination you could choose. You could lose yourself in the glories of an art city, take a high-brow accompanied tour, or plan your own art-themed itinerary.

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Oh let's just cut to the chase. "Heaven".
CarlOwen

Postby AbFuentes » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:23 am

I agree...there are a lot of stuff in asia right now.. where people are so diverse such s kualalumpur.