A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Color Mixing TipS- Green!

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

Color Mixing TipS- Green!

Postby SilverFiona » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:53 pm

No matter how green an landscape, there are other colors in it too. Even an Irish landscape. Too much green makes for a dull landscape picture. Mix a few reddish greens and yellow greens for foliage, especially trees and grasses.

Re: Color Mixing TipS- Green!

Postby jimmoyer@q.com » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:06 am

A one part mixture of thalo green blue shade to 3 to4 parts (depending on the brand) of yellow ochre make a good base green to apply the higher croma yellows and the varieties of reds, alizarin and or cad red medium. I find that shades of green are unlimited. Jim
jimmoyer@q.com

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Katherine1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 am

Hi,
I am amazed by the deep observation of members about the topic but I don't think that green color have limited options. One of the reason behind this is, Green is my favorite color. One can add different shades of blue with green and make/discover new artistic creations.
Green+ sky blue -> an in-between color of blue and green
Green + blue (dark)-> A dark green shed
Green + purple -> a different peacock sort of color
Well, I have done this experiment with my nephew using ordinary water colors. Any artist can do it more artistically.
Katherine1

Postby jimmoyer@q.com » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:29 am

Katherine1 wrote:Hi,
I am amazed by the deep observation of members about the topic but I don't think that green color have limited options. One of the reason behind this is, Green is my favorite color. One can add different shades of blue with green and make/discover new artistic creations.
Green+ sky blue -> an in-between color of blue and green
Green + blue (dark)-> A dark green shed
Green + purple -> a different peacock sort of color
Well, I have done this experiment with my nephew using ordinary water colors. Any artist can do it more artistically.

I have been using Manganese Blue and the Yellows and love the results, as you point out, by making adjustments with the blue family also works well. The only manufacturer of Manganese that I can find is By ShinHan Oils. I am ordering 5 more tubes so I have it on hand as I also use this color in my skies and snow scenes..
jimmoyer@q.com

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Katherine1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:38 am

Hi,
Thanks! This is a fabulous experience that you like my suggestions and point it out. I am fond of such experiments and found that, children having a powerful imagination than adults. And artists are the combination of both- mature expertise and innocent imagination.

Thanks again!
Katherine1

Postby benitasinn » Sat May 11, 2013 5:32 am

I appreciate the information you have laid out here.Thanks for forwarding this useful information.It was wonderful of you.

Postby ehoeveler » Sat May 11, 2013 4:33 pm

I love this conversation and it's posting is timely - I'm
having a small prob with my own greens. I'll try the pthalo and ochre!
Thanks, E
ehoeveler

Postby chal1oye » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:25 am

I am fond of such experiments and found that, children having a powerful imagination than adults. And artists are the combination of both- mature expertise and innocent imagination.

GuL on Post
chal1oye