A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

body proportion of an edalt.

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

body proportion of an edalt.

Postby rips10 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:11 am

People come in all sizes and shapes, but there are a few underlying rules which are a invaluable for getting proportion accurate in figure painting.Once you are familiar with these,its also easiar to observe the natural variatoins that in peoples height,If the head (from the end of the chin to the crown)is taken as a until of measurment,the body is about seven and half heads tall.There are three heads lengths from the end of the spine to the base of the skull.Midpoint is at the genitals.
Feet and hands=Feet and hands are surprisingly big.Feet are about a head long and hands are easily the same length as from the chin to the forhead.
Arms and legs=If the arems are hanging freely,the wrists are around midpoint and the fingrtips mid-thigh in women,the elbows are slightly above the waist.
Shoulder-In a man the shoulders about two heads wide.
Bottocks=About a head tall.
rips10

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby DLKeur » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:29 pm

Now what is it for a dwarf human? How about a horse. A foal A rabbit. A bull. A dwarf steer. How about the human infant? :twisted:
DLKeur

Postby rips10 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:48 am

DLKeur wrote:Now what is it for a dwarf human? How about a horse. A foal A rabbit. A bull. A dwarf steer. How about the human infant? :twisted:

Hello there Dlkeur
Do you think it is my idea of measuring a human--I have found many europian great artists have measured this way including Leonardo Da vinchi,I havn't foun any Animals body propotion study.But with circle or square it easy to draw animal figure.Thanks anyway :D
rips10

Gallery: View Gallery

Return to Tips & Tutorials