A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Watercolor Drawing to Digital Artwork Process Video

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

Watercolor Drawing to Digital Artwork Process Video

Postby EmilyNguyenArt » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:17 pm

For anyone who is interested, I made an experimental process video of how I turned a Traditional Watercolor Drawing into a more polished Digital Work. This may seem pointless to a lot of artists who would just go straight to Photoshop/Painter/Etc., but may be of use to the very few who spent most of their daily times without electronic devices because circumstances do not allow them to (like myself for instance). Just for clarification, this is more of a process video than it is a tutorial, but it may be used as learning material. I also know that not everybody like the digital format and would much prefer the traditional style of art, but in many cases there will be clients that prefer clean cut and computer-generated artwork.

If the proportions of the character look questionable, I basically drew and traditionally painted her in roughly about 5 minutes. The point of this experiment was to convert the traditional graininess of the picture to a digital clean cut style. Focusing on character anatomy was not the priority in this case.

https://youtu.be/ZvcF1a6dvS0
EmilyNguyenArt