A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Alvin Art Desk

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

Alvin Art Desk

Postby BillyBobArtMan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:35 am

I'm thinking about buying an Alvin Art Desk from engineersupply and wondering what anyone thinks about this product. I didnt want to waste money on something that wasnt going to work for me. I'm more into water colors and wondering if anyone out there has started or changed from say water color to oil or another medium. Would this desk change with me over time or what would you recommend or have found over the years? I'm just getting started so wasnt sure what I needed. This is the one I'm strongly considering buying http://www.engineersupply.com/Alvin-Craftmaster-Hobby-Table-White-Base-with-Maple-Woodgrain-Top-CM40-4-WB.aspx
BillyBobArtMan

Re: Alvin Art Desk

Postby jenn_iam » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:28 pm

My only question would be... would you need the tip feature? (I would say no for watercolors, but for sketching or other paintings.. maybe... I don't think this is a bad selection.. just would say consider the need of the features against what you see yourself doing/using it for....
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Alvin Art Desk

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:47 pm

This very nice desk is for more delicate work, I would imagine. Looks great for drafting, pen and ink, watercolor, etc.
Going into oils would call for something completely different...
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Return to Tips & Tutorials