A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

Postby jannatul18 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:00 am

Is there much similarity between editing in Photoshop and doing art? Can one help other in learning the design work?
jannatul18
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:10 am
Location: Bangladesh
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Of course! As an artist, you will absolutely need PS - it will help you in so many ways.
It is so easy to work out color schemes and design layouts for starters! You'll need a photo
manipulation program to snap your work as well, right?
User avatar
ehoeveler
 
Posts: 5718
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Stockbridge, Ga.
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

Postby Zopto » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:58 pm

before i got my drawing wacom tablet i did alot of photoshop it helped me alot to gain some ideas for drawings later on :)
and to be honest if you are good with photoshop you will find job for design very fast, today all is digital even art :P
User avatar
Zopto
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:20 pm
Location: Serbia(central europe)
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:29 pm

yep - how's the Wacom? E
User avatar
ehoeveler
 
Posts: 5718
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: Stockbridge, Ga.
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

Postby jannatul18 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:12 am

ehoeveler wrote:Of course! As an artist, you will absolutely need PS - it will help you in so many ways.
It is so easy to work out color schemes and design layouts for starters! You'll need a photo
manipulation program to snap your work as well, right?

Thank you, I am agree with you as well as got your point.
jannatul18
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:10 am
Location: Bangladesh
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

Postby jannatul18 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:13 am

Zopto wrote:before i got my drawing wacom tablet i did alot of photoshop it helped me alot to gain some ideas for drawings later on :)
and to be honest if you are good with photoshop you will find job for design very fast, today all is digital even art :P

Thank you for sharing your own experience here, yes I will keep this thing in my mind :)
jannatul18
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:10 am
Location: Bangladesh
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

Postby aya » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:49 pm

I think if you buy a graphics tablet (only buy Wacom) then PS will 100% help you get better at art, you can do it with a mouse... but you'll have to master the mouse first, but if you do then upgrading to the tablet will be much easier because your brain will already have the hand eye coordination skill.
I've known some artists say that using a graphics pen with digital software is cheating and to not really art, but those people are just ignorant.
art is art it doesn't matter the tool, some people paint with brushes and some with their fingers, I love painting with my Wacom pen & tablet I got last week, before that I was painting with my mouse, the only difference between painting on a tablet and with a pencil & paper is you can erase your mistakes with 1 click!
User avatar
aya
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:45 pm
Location: England
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

Postby jannatul18 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:20 am

aya wrote:I think if you buy a graphics tablet (only buy Wacom) then PS will 100% help you get better at art, you can do it with a mouse... but you'll have to master the mouse first, but if you do then upgrading to the tablet will be much easier because your brain will already have the hand eye coordination skill.
I've known some artists say that using a graphics pen with digital software is cheating and to not really art, but those people are just ignorant.
art is art it doesn't matter the tool, some people paint with brushes and some with their fingers, I love painting with my Wacom pen & tablet I got last week, before that I was painting with my mouse, the only difference between painting on a tablet and with a pencil & paper is you can erase your mistakes with 1 click!


I have just got your point. Thank you foe letting me know all of these things :)
jannatul18
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:10 am
Location: Bangladesh
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

Postby cpking » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:41 am

Artist should have ps but it will not increase the skill on Photoshop i think.
cpking
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Re: Can Artwork help in learning Photoshop?

Postby jannatul18 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:19 am

cpking wrote:Artist should have ps but it will not increase the skill on Photoshop i think.

Sorry but I didnt get you!
jannatul18
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:10 am
Location: Bangladesh
Gallery: View Gallery


  • Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Return to Tips & Tutorials

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest