A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

"Floating Heads" series in progress

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

"Floating Heads" series in progress

Postby emilyread » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Hey Everyone!

I've been continuing on a series I started this last year. (If you want to see the other paintings from this series just check out my gallery). These two pieces still need a lot of work, but I thought I'd get some feedback. I'm open to constructive criticism and of course positive feedback. Thanks!
Attachments
emilyread

Re: "Floating Heads" series in progress

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:15 pm

I enjoy the delicate detail of their veil and hat. It depends on how you want to do #1.
Her skin tones are correct but look a little flat. I'd also like to embolden some aspects of her veil,
just a touch more hue, here and there.
#2 has a children's book 'look' as it is. If you are fine with that, it looks great.
Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby nigelartist » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:51 am

There seems to me to be a dual paradox in both artworks. Number 1 artwork has strong features with the juxtaposition of the softness of lace whereas Number 2 artwork has a china doll face carrying a load on her head. Perhaps this was your subconscious decision. However they are both good and thought-provoking artworks. Well done and God bless.
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist

Postby TaoofthRaven » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Love your style. They feel evocative to me.
There is talent, and then there is SKILL. I pursue to obtain the latter..
TaoofthRaven

Postby emilyread » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:49 pm

ehoeveler wrote:I enjoy the delicate detail of their veil and hat. It depends on how you want to do #1.
Her skin tones are correct but look a little flat. I'd also like to embolden some aspects of her veil,
just a touch more hue, here and there.
#2 has a children's book 'look' as it is. If you are fine with that, it looks great.
Thank You, E

Thanks Ehoeveler! I've been focusing on the form of the faces now. I also plan on defining and adding more hue to some parts of the veil. I appreciate the feedback!
emilyread

Postby emilyread » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:51 pm

nigelartist wrote:There seems to me to be a dual paradox in both artworks. Number 1 artwork has strong features with the juxtaposition of the softness of lace whereas Number 2 artwork has a china doll face carrying a load on her head. Perhaps this was your subconscious decision. However they are both good and thought-provoking artworks. Well done and God bless.

That is true, I didn't think of that before. Now that I look at my series as a whole, the works will be arranged with these two at opposite ends. The pieces will gradually become more and more weighed down. So I think in that aspect it should fit together nicely. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
emilyread

Postby emilyread » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:52 pm

TaoofthRaven wrote:Love your style. They feel evocative to me.

Thanks so much!
emilyread