A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Redesign is Complete

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Redesign is Complete

Postby Singular » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Erika Takacs wrote:Ok, it looks like it's only the "Artwork and Critique" page. It even says I don't have permission to read some forums. The last one I see is Show your Website.
The index page and forums are ok.

Hi Erika, I think I fixed that issue.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Erika Takacs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Singular wrote:How odd. What forums are you not able to read?

On the Artwork & Critique page I can see the forums up to Show Your Website. (maybe that's all you have on this page).
Before there was a message under the table that said you have no permission to read, but now I see a table that says Active Topics and seems to include the all the art and critique pages.
Erika Takacs

Postby Singular » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:34 pm

Erika Takacs wrote:
Singular wrote:How odd. What forums are you not able to read?

On the Artwork & Critique page I can see the forums up to Show Your Website. (maybe that's all you have on this page).
Before there was a message under the table that said you have no permission to read, but now I see a table that says Active Topics and seems to include the all the art and critique pages.

Great. You should now be able to see and access all of the forums and moderate them as well.
Singular
Founder

Postby johnwalkeasy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Hello Joe, I,m not sure but it appears to me that some of the letters in the post from the old forum did not get put on the new one. I read over my story (The Little Fish) and all the b's and the r's that started on the far left of the page did not show up. The words, bring, brack and maybe some others. I went ahead and put the letters back in on this story. And will look over the others. So just bringing this issue to your attention.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Singular » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:19 pm

johnwalkeasy wrote:Hello Joe, I,m not sure but it appears to me that some of the letters in the post from the old forum did not get put on the new one. I read over my story (The Little Fish) and all the b's and the r's that started on the far left of the page did not show up. The words, bring, brack and maybe some others. I went ahead and put the letters back in on this story. And will look over the others. So just bringing this issue to your attention.

Thanks John. Stuff like that definitely happens when copying over all of the data from the old database to a new one. Characters get interpreted differently.

talk soon,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby nigelartist » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:46 pm

Nigelartist here...

Sorry I don't like the new user interface.

I suffer with vitreous 'eye' floaters which means when I look at a white screen I see all 'cobwebs' in front of my eyes making it very hard to concentrate and read. The black screen previously was excellent and with the green 'current' flag made it very simple (I'm not an intelligent man!) for me to use. I also wonder whether other users have this problem?

I appreciate times change and and I'm all for progress and I appreciate you must have a wealth of work now Joe answering our replies and keeping us all happy.

God bless you all.

Nigelartist.
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist

Postby Singular » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:53 pm

nigelartist wrote:Nigelartist here...

Sorry I don't like the new user interface.

I suffer with vitreous 'eye' floaters which means when I look at a white screen I see all 'cobwebs' in front of my eyes making it very hard to concentrate and read. The black screen previously was excellent and with the green 'current' flag made it very simple (I'm not an intelligent man!) for me to use. I also wonder whether other users have this problem?

I appreciate times change and and I'm all for progress and I appreciate you must have a wealth of work now Joe answering our replies and keeping us all happy.

God bless you all.

Nigelartist.

Thanks for your feedback Nigel. Sorry you do not like the new look. New things always take time to get use to. In addition to the new look, there are many new features. Have you had a chance to try any out?

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby nigelartist » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Yes I appreciate new things take time to get used to and I don't like new things and am not a very patient man.

I haven't really had chance to use the site yet as I have not been well and as I said I have a physical impairment in my eyes.

As they say Joe...you can please some people all of the time, all people some of the time but you cannot please all people all the time.

Anyway, good luck with your successes and great art site Joe.
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist

Postby garyh13 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:51 am

hello i have been on the internet since 1998 wondering threw things since the personal inception of bbs's i know alot but at the rate things are going i will be here if you have any questions for me just ask advice always pretty much free so everyone can learn a bit and overcome the greatest lose in world the problem of different education sources
garyh13

Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to Works In Progress