A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Reflection wip

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Reflection wip

Postby Karen Berstler » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Here is a color study for my next painting. This is a continuation of a theme that I started to explore with my "Grief" painting a few months back. The idea behind that one was grief/depression existing as it's own entity. The image was a figure reflecting in a mirror, with slight differences in the reflection. We acknowledge grief- like an acquaintance - but we can't em
ace it because we will become lost- so it's just under the surface, like a reflection. In this piece I wanted to show just the reflection of grief, so when the viewer is looking at the painting, it could be their own reflection. The hand raised up will be painted to show pressure against the finger pads (pressing against the glass). I tried a few color studies, (mostly with purples) and this one seems to be the way to go- skin tones, but cold and bleak, almost sickly.
Thoughts?
Attachments
jeanninestudyfinal.jpg
jeanninestudyfinal.jpg (114.08 KiB)
Karen Berstler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Menolly » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:40 pm

I agree with your pick of colors... it'll be interesting to see a more developed image with this idea. :)
Menolly

Postby BYart » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:33 pm

I remember your "Grief" painting...it spoke volumes to me!
i love this as well, will keep watching to see how you finish it out.
I like the color choices as well!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby Karen Berstler » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks Barb, I feel like I have to explore this theme further and see where it takes me.
Karen Berstler