A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

a tee shirt logo for my company....

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

a tee shirt logo for my company....

Postby weirdpuckett » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:44 am

My boss found out that I have some drawing ability....He asks me if I would draw something he could print on tee shirts to sell to the employees....I then ask him wether "corporate" will see the tee shirts,his reply is"eventually"....I decide to draw some thing very conservative,namely, a sandy hilltop with some of our trucks driving and positioned on this hill with the company name jutting out of the hill...I was pretty pleased with it and thought that the employees would be also ,so I blast it over to him at the office...He says he likes it but he was thinking more along the lines of "harley davidson" american flags and skulls and stuff so....I started drawing this evil thing today.....what do you think?I dont think the employees will like it at all!!!!
Attachments
08-28-08 skull logo modernunfnshd.jpg
08-28-08 skull logo modernunfnshd.jpg (151.87 KiB)
weirdpuckett

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby weirdpuckett » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:00 am

p.s. My boss actually wants the company logo to be a part of this..doesn't that seem a little odd to any of you???
weirdpuckett

Postby DLKeur » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:46 am

Um...depends on what the company does. But, yes, I think it odd.
DLKeur

Postby BAReam » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:09 am

I would have to agree with Dawn; what is the nature of the company?
Many roads; One path. baream 08
BAReam

I think it would also depend on the employees...

Postby amcarter » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:32 pm

I can think of at least one coworker who would love it and I teach at headstart.
amcarter

Postby william » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Cool drawing, it looks like a tat design, I'm like everyone else, What company is this for???
william

Postby bpier » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:19 pm

I agree with everyone. It's a little odd.....no a lot odd for the logo of a co. I suppose it depends on what the company is.

Brian
bpier

Postby arlynnhr » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm

I can't picture this design as a company logo...although it's very well done.
arlynnhr

Postby Menolly » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:15 pm

At the risk of overreaching, since I don't know what your company does, is it possible that your boss is looking for a T-shirt HE would want to wear, rather than something that is necessarily a boost for the company, like when someone buys Christmas presents for other people that come from his/her own wish list? You might want to get a more specific idea of what he wants here.

Also, since this is going to eventually be sold to the employees, it might be a good idea to generate a range of different drawings to your coworkers and see if you can get a group favorite to give to your boss - he might accept a milder design if he thinks the employees like it.

Final thought: If you really want to balance a company logo with Harley-Davidson, and your company isn't really all that hard-core, you might want to trade the skull idea for something involving eagles, flames, and/or American flags. From a psychological standpoint, I think skulls are just too aggressive; eagles, flames & flags give you a little more flexibility with a logo-friendly design, and they still have a lot of edge. Heck, with your drawing talent, you could make roses look tough and dangerous, so I don't think you need to use anything as automatically confrontational as skulls and bones to get a Harley-Davidson look anyway. Good luck!
Menolly