A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Florida paintings - acrylic

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Florida paintings - acrylic

Postby CarlOwen » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Just guess I am to tired tonight to do justice to your work. I fail to see what you are talking about in not getting the fronds and water right. I will check in on them tomorrow. At this point, I like the 1920's lithograph appearance. Nice work.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Medved35 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:12 am

I love the confidence behind the black marks. I would throw some white up against them to make those suckers pop. Excited to see how this one turns out!
Medved35

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:17 am

OK, good morning Elizabeth. Here we go. The main thing about your fronds as I see it is getting lost in trying to define each and every one of them. Personally, I would lay in the mass shapes showing the major source of light striking the mass with the darkest greens as the shaded areas, maybe a deep forest green in the darker section of the tree fronds mass. Then I would pick the spots I wanted most defined and work a few lighter lines in giving a suggestion of the frond shapes. You have a few curved lines that are curved up when they should be curved down. But, what you have now is not that bad.

The water issue. I think all you have to do is to make the water darker than the sky and that is it. I like these two paintings. There is some kind of calm and nostalgic feel to them.
CarlOwen