A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Color Harmony

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Color Harmony

Postby b123 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:32 pm

On account of its high altitude, the light in Xinjiang in China is even more intense than that of California or Tuscany where I have a studio. It was around midday and very hot when I was painting in this small Kasakh village, so I hid behind a large wall to get out of the heat. The village is as yet undeveloped and still has many original mud and straw buildings which give it a warm and welcoming feeling.

If you are interested in the color harmony I used, see this painting technique explanation.

https://www.virtualartacademy.com/oil-painting-techniques-secondary-color-harmony
b123

Re: Color Harmony

Postby Pooch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:30 pm

This is beautiful. I'm finding that a limited pallet is useful and even preferred, really, for harmonizing color. I'm presently using Cadmium red, Cadmium yellow medium, and Ultramarine blue. Naturally, Titanium White, also. Oh, Burnt Umber. I like that for some of my dark areas. I mix my greens and everything else using those colors. I will occasionally use Phthalo Blue, also, when I need a lot of different shades of green.
Pooch

Gallery: View Gallery