A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Voting ?

This is where you need to come to find out what's new with the forums and with A Singular Creation.

Moderator: Moderators

Voting ?

Postby kellydangerfield » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Not sure if this has been a problem but it just popped into my head. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone for doing this but I've noticed that some pieces of artwork have substantially more votes than others yet were submitted at a later date.

It seems like if someone really wanted to win the monthly contest they could ask everyone they know to come on this site and vote up their artwork. The contest then becomes more about who knows the most people rather than whose artwork is most liked. Not sure if there is any way around this but I just wanted to see what others thought.
kellydangerfield

Postby Singular » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:52 pm

This is not an issue here because I will not let that be an issue. I use the image rating system as a tool. I do not necessarily take the top rated images or the most rated images. Some images have indeed been entered weeks before others, so naturally will have more votes. i will not penalize other submissions for being entered later. Also, I will not let this become a popularity contest. I will make my selections for the finalists based on merit as well as interest in viewing and unique rating.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby kellydangerfield » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. That clears up my question. I wasn't sure how much the popular vote weighed into the overall results.
kellydangerfield