A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Need Suggestions As To How - Help Established Sculpturer

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Need Suggestions As To How - Help Established Sculpturer

Postby allonsye » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:25 pm

(moderator I realize this might be better placed in the advertise at fee section but wanted to solicit opinions first)

Folks -

I'm reaching out to the art community for some help for friend, a long time established artist in his 70's. He's has not embraced being on the WWW - part of the problem.

I think this a unique opportunity for someone in the art world, not something handed off to a real estate agent or on Craigslist. He's looking to sell out or for an intern even curator because the property is surrounded by stone sculpture created by a variety of international artists.

This is an artist studio established in 1975 as a non-profit 501c3. He mentioned the other day perhaps rent/lease with option to buy. Principals/investor(s), artist, artist intern or someone interested in participating in the operation and maintenance of it. It's 1 hr west from the US capitol area on 15 hilltop acres of land overlooking west side of 1000's of state forest acres adjacent to Appalachian Trail. Truly an excellent location for a studio retreat or small art colony. An intern would be afforded free room and and board. The right person could wind up with the whole thing. That's the rub -- he wants to see it preserved and not broken up by someone not interested in it's preservation. So far, he hasn't encountered that person.

Perhaps some of you old-timers would recognize him - Robert Duborge. His work used to be shown in NYC. He does have some sculpture on permanent display in several US cities, Europe and Japan.

Anyways, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction on this.

Thanks,
Paul
allonsye