A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Let the Games Begin II

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Let the Games Begin II

Postby Cristo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:59 am

Hi Carl, Suppose a person seeing through the eyes of Hitler or Bundy was an unfortunate incident of the mind's projection.. I suppose I could paint today, if my moving to another house doesn't get too hectic. Also, I doubt my paintings would last 1000 years.
Cristo

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:17 am

Good morning Cristo. It is fun to banter with you, but I am breaking off this eye in the beholder conversation as I see neither of us will change our opinion. I also have much work to do today. Don't hurt you back working. Will post some more by the end of the day.
CarlOwen

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:49 am

Santa Rosa Lake 6
Santa Rosa Lake 5
Santa Rosa Lake 4
Santa Rosa Lake 3
Santa Rosa Lake 2
Santa Rosa Lake 1
OK, the final four. As monochromatic paintings, I don't think they are to bad for impressionist work. As expressionist work, they are magnificent failures. Going to try something else now.
CarlOwen

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:52 am

I added the first 2 picture posts so all could be presented together as the complete collection of six. Now one more try at the expressionist thing. What a challenge.
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:43 pm

The paintings look really good Carl. I painted yesterday. I'll try to post the pic later today.
Cristo

Postby Cristo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:55 pm

This one is called "The Contest". If I could give a hint as to it's meaning it would be that it is in the spirit of a Tennessee Williams play. Also, my latest painting posts in my gallery and here in Let the Games Begin II, are an expression of my being at this point in time.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Good afternoon Cristo. Just love it. Now the but comment. It appears to me that your forms are washed out, incomplete, demanding to be more. I know you are in process, however I have a feeling that these need to be voluminous forms with deep dark division spaces between them. Imagine a fat naked woman dancing in and out of the black void. Anyway that is the impression I feel that these paintings should present. And, I was just getting ready to post a for real abstract expressionist painting. Will do that in a few minutes.
CarlOwen

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:39 pm

This came about because of our conversation about beauty being in the eye of the beholder versus in the eye of the artist.

It was like the muse slapped me in the back of the head so hard I almost fell out of my chair. I have titled it 'Beauty in the eye of Whom'. It took me about an hour and a half to do it. Sometimes it is just that way.

Beauty in the Eye of Whom
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:03 pm

I'd interpret it as a whirlpool given your title of it. It's expressive but doesn't leave room for the viewer to appreciate that.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Thanks for your observation and comments Cristo. I have to attend to home, house stuff for a few days. Will check back later.
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 pm

A woman dancing in and out of the void huh. Lol .. I prefer letting my forms be rough hewn when it comes to abstracts. It gives the impression of color pencil use. Also, your impression of the forms in my paintings becoming 'more' means to me a point of inspiration for other artists
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Good evening Cristo. I have decided you are not allowed to do the woman dancing in and out of the void. It is mine. And as I see it, you can inspire all the artists you want to. But, you know, you have to be engaged in the community, life to do so. I think I have told you this before. I have to buy a few big canvases to do the 'Woman Dancing with the Void". You inspire and vex me. Get off your butt and show the world what you can do. Like I said, start at the Community Collage.
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Hey Carl, good evening to you as well. The reason why I haven't gone to college is that people vex me too much.. and I already have a responsibility. So it's down to anything I can learn on my own watching youtube, through google searches, books, and other people. Incidentally, I been reading more books since this second contest so thank you for that. Your 'woman dancing with the void' is a terrific idea for a painting, or better for series of paintings. Coming from you and into abstract or semi abstract impression. I imagine a level of comedy to the composition but that's not up to me because it is your idea. I been painting a house today. Good night.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Good evening Cristo. Will post something new tomorrow. To tired to post tonight.
CarlOwen

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:15 am

I am simply naming this one, 'Banner'. I'm letting the viewer figure out a banner of what, and for what purpose. This is Crayola on a small canvas of 11 by 14 inches. I think it would be impressive on a canvas of three by four feet. I don't think I am ready to go there yet. Trying to do an abstract expressionist work is really difficult for this old, set in his ways, kind of guy. Oh yes, Crayola is a lot more difficult to work with than you might think.
Attachments
Banner
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:56 am

Hey Carl, for using crayons it is an excellent picture. Yes, this is abstract art! Congratulations:) your persistence is inspiring.. Now let me say that I see in this picture a bird's head or an anteater. Hope it helps.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:23 pm

Thank you Cristo. Please don't tell me where the bird's head or the anteater is. That you see it as abstract art thrills me. I am going back to work now. My dancer still eludes me while mocking my efforts at capturing her. Don't know if I can catch her before August 14th. But the chase is on.
CarlOwen

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:58 am

Well this is it for now. I call it 'The Dance'. Oh yes, it is Crayola on canvas. How are you doing Cristo.
Attachments
The Dance
CarlOwen

Postby Cristo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:37 pm

I'm doing okay. Very good artwork here Carl. I daresay it is surrealistic and abstract.
Cristo

Postby CarlOwen » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Thank you Cristo. I think I broke something in my brain in this games post. I need a rest to review and consider. This is not a retreat, just a pause. Look forward to seeing yours. Have a good evening my friend.
CarlOwen

PreviousNext