A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Environment Practice

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Environment Practice

Postby Chevron Lowery » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi! I've been sketching most of my life, and have within the last three years decided to take art more seriously and try my hand at color. I love sci-fi and and other concept art related work. I'm working on an environment piece at the moment. Environments are my weakest skill, and I've been trying to practice on them lately. Here is a piece I've been working on. Any advice or things you might see would greatly be appreciated.
Attachments
Chevron Lowery

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Environment Practice

Postby the-magnetic-cat » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:05 pm

that looks sick cool. what brush did you use?
good job
the-magnetic-cat

Postby www-ksart-se » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:14 am

wow! good job indeed! Medium and size?
www-ksart-se

Postby Chevron Lowery » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:01 am

thanks guys!

I used the square brush for the shapes of the buildings for the most part. The rest was done with the round brush. I use photoshop cs6 for pretty much all my digital painting. I have painter 12, but I usually only use it when I want to experiment with more traditional looking brushes.

So this was a digital painting done at around 1500x2500 pixels. I usually work bigger, but I was planning on this only being a thumbnail and went kind of crazy, so there was only so much uprezzing I could do. I'm really happy you guys liked it!
Chevron Lowery