A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Zey The Mouse 'Flying a Kite' Episode #1 Stop-Motion Video!

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Zey The Mouse 'Flying a Kite' Episode #1 Stop-Motion Video!

Postby artycreation » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi, all

I would like to share my very 1st Episode of Fimo animals 'Zey The Mouse', I am nervous and excited on this achievement of mine
to have been able to have made this, using (Stop Motion Pro 7)

10 months of hard work 3 months of filming and editing, personally i think this is the best yet from Me!!

Suited for ages 3 to 10 yrs, Zey goes round dylans to fly his new kite and gets into trouble but what will happen next??

I hope you enjoy????

artycreation

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Zey The Mouse 'Flying a Kite' Episode #1 Stop-Motion Vid

Postby jenn_iam » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Great job!
You noted its your first Episode, is this the first Animation / stop-motion that you have attempted? I have not used that program before... when I did Animation / Stopmotion it was with a Super-8, actual film.. which had to be developed and hand cut/edited.. LOL I will have to check out the program though.. it looks fun!
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby artycreation » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:44 pm

jenn_iam wrote:Great job!
You noted its your first Episode, is this the first Animation / stop-motion that you have attempted? I have not used that program before... when I did Animation / Stopmotion it was with a Super-8, actual film.. which had to be developed and hand cut/edited.. LOL I will have to check out the program though.. it looks fun!

Hey, Thanks, Yes it's the 1st episode, but i have experimented before on really short or test shots of zey and friends! Ive not heard of Super-8 before?
Stop motion pro 7 sounds to be the same format as the program that you used!!

What kind of animations have you made before? :)
artycreation

Postby jenn_iam » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Oh.. no... Super 8 is a standard film format. Meaning you put in Super 8mm film cartridge in a movie camera... filmed what you needed one frame at a time, or in a stream of footage... then sent the cartridge of film off to the developer... then you would get it back.. and have to run the film through a little editing box, and use splicing tool and adhering film to reconnect where you cut out frames. Much slower process for sure than digital editing of video footage.. but still much fun... I did hand drawn cell animations as well as claymation (stop-motion)

Jennifer Erin
jenn_iam

Postby artycreation » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:03 pm

jenn_iam wrote:Oh.. no... Super 8 is a standard film format. Meaning you put in Super 8mm film cartridge in a movie camera... filmed what you needed one frame at a time, or in a stream of footage... then sent the cartridge of film off to the developer... then you would get it back.. and have to run the film through a little editing box, and use splicing tool and adhering film to reconnect where you cut out frames. Much slower process for sure than digital editing of video footage.. but still much fun... I did hand drawn cell animations as well as claymation (stop-motion)

Ooops, sorry for getting it wrong about, Super8, wow, using film the proper way, i would like to try it, but i'd get frustrated with it straight away!

That's nice cell animations and claymation!!, do you have any of your work online?
artycreation

Postby jenn_iam » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:22 pm

LOL... no worries.. .its super Old School is what it is ... I dont know about getting frustrated any more than with a program... digitally.. in a sense its the same.
without the risk of bubbles, dust and hair getting caught up in the adhesive film of course. LOL

At the moment... no.. the animations I have, are still in reel format... I havent yet had them converted to video for upload.. but they are cute.

Jennifer Erin
jenn_iam

Postby artycreation » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:57 am

On the 80's He-Man cartoons sometimes ive seen a few hairs caught on the cells, 1 day hope you convert them to video!! :)
artycreation

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury