A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Feed Me!

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Feed Me!

Postby kevinmars » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:13 am

Hello friend. Ive been working on a few pieces for a while, and interested in hearing your thoughts, opinions and answers. Please give me some feedback. Thank you.
kevinmars

Re: Feed Me!

Postby Singular » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:28 am

very bold and colorful. I would like to know more about this. What medium is it? I like the design and the background, but wish that you kept it cleaner around the objects rather than to overflow your colors outside of the objects.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:29 pm

What I would love to see are more color fill-ins towards the right - but I do love the energy
I think all that black makes it look muddy and too dark - IMHO. Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby kevinmars » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:45 am

the medium i used was markers. A 3 dollar pack of crayola markers to be more specific. Some of the imperfections were intentional. Its my attempt to capture an image of connecting to higher realms from a childlike point of view, so having some concepts within the contrasts giving the idea of that, while still remaining scribble-y and kind of carefree. The idea of a child trying to connect with higher realms seems interesting to me. Its actually sideways, (tilt your head 90 degrees to the left to see it correctly) but my computer is really old and doenst have any programs on it to edit photos. at any rate, it was kind of experimental and i just thought id get some feedback before i continue on with any similar ideas. thanks a lot
kevinmars

Postby ChaniD » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:17 am

I like it very much, above all the right part of it. The only thing which disturbs me a bit are the orange lines, especially at the left side, which are a bit too static for me (but maybe it was just your purpose? Then it is all right).
I like the intentional imperfections and the philosophy behind them.

Good luck!
ChaniD

Postby LizRang » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:39 pm

I love the theme of what you are trying to accomplish. I can't add any more than what the others did - I wish I could see it upright and completely exclusive of outside distractions. I would be happy to help you with a simple photo edit so you can get it cropped & upright ... if that is ever anything you need help with reach out and I'm glad to help. Because it would only take about 60 seconds if you e-mailed it to me. lizrang@live.com
LizRang

Postby chinujhon » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:06 am

lovely color combination... I love it.
chinujhon