A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

JAMES DEAN DRAWING REMBRANDT'S SELF PORTRAIT

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

JAMES DEAN DRAWING REMBRANDT'S SELF PORTRAIT

Postby MarshallSnook » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:17 pm

This is a color pen and ink drawing using mostly gel pens and also some Rapidograph tech pens.

I think something intellectual was going on while I was working on the this :roll:
Then------------------ If I reflect and think about that--------- Perhaps Not----- :|
Attachments
JUST FINISHED.
MarshallSnook

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: JAMES DEAN DRAWING REMBRANDT'S SELF PORTRAIT

Postby CarlOwen » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:29 am

Well you got skills, I'll give you that. I rather liked this before you put in all those vines and thorns. I was impressed with the unique idea of the artist inside the drawing being a part of the creation of the art. I didn't catch the idea of James Dean until you mentioned it on another post. With that information I got an immediate disconnect between the feelings of surprise and awe to an almost nothingness. I liked the feeling of the artist present in the drawing sculpting the form with the pen. That was a nice feeling.
CarlOwen

Re: JAMES DEAN DRAWING REMBRANDT'S SELF PORTRAIT

Postby Sincriffid » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Very nice painting, I've done James Dean too, but with matches, Come to check it here! viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11560
Sincriffid