A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Love's Caprice Critique

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Love's Caprice Critique

Postby GovernmentCheese » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:18 am

Hello, this is my first post, and I would love to read your critique of my artwork; because of you, I would get the feedback to improve as an artist so I may share more and more artwork with all who can appreciate culture. If you can, please tell me how much I could sell this piece for, along with the critique as well. Thank you!
Btw, I do know that I could add more value to the rose and maybe bring out some more highlights. :wink:

Artwork titled: Love's Caprice
Size: 18 in x 24 in with 1 inch border
Medium: Graphite on paper

GovernmentCheese

Re: Love's Caprice Critique

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:08 pm

OK artist. If I don't get put in my place, this is as I see it. One, since you ask, you are not known in the art world. That means that any attempt to sell anything that you sell is one dollar per square inch which determines your asking price for any piece you market. Two, you exhibit extreme knowledge about artistic point of view and some skill and pretty good knowledge about human anatomy. But you need to be more observant. The forefinger knuckle needs to be placed behind the tip of the thumb even with the thumb knuckle next to the thumb finger nail base. Three, you have to create a "body" of work, like about a hundred to be taken seriously. Four, you need to learn to work in oil on canvas.

Now to the picture you present. It is not good enough because the hand has more detail than the flower. Good craftsmanship, but does not present well as it is obvious that your intent is to focus on the flower, a thing of beauty held by a long lived man used to hard work taking simple pleasure in holding a delicate thing such as a flower. I suggest you color the rose a faded red or pink with some white peddle edges.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Love's Caprice Critique

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:12 pm

Hello Cheese,
This work reminds me when I was very young. I'ld find my little seft in a big room with flowers. And
There would be an old person holding a rose in thier hand. And they would laying in a coffin. I
wonder if that is what I'm looking at now. You know, I was'nt sad. I just wanted out of that room.
And the next time I see a coffin. I hope I'm looking at the under side of the lid.
And Color is the thing. Above all else.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)