A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Tribal Dragon Tat

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Tribal Dragon Tat

Postby eddieblz » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:22 pm

Creative block gone, working on several projects at once. Here's something more.
Attachments
eddieblz

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Tribal Dragon Tat

Postby eddieblz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Second Tat. art.
Attachments
eddieblz

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:38 am

Your first one kind of looks like you have not thought it through enough. Kind of ragged and indecisive. The second one is really beautiful. Clean, crisp and sharp. It is well done.
CarlOwen

Postby eddieblz » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:38 pm

You hit it on the head. For the first one. Often I just doodle out doodles with a bunch of random crap in them. Of course I try to fit them together in an artistic manor. Anyway I saw this image in the doodle so I decided to draw it bigger. I didn't really think about how I was going to draw it. I just winged it and figure how ever it came out that's the way it was going to be.
On Second one I decided that I wanted a much truer tribal piece than the first, so I went on the internet a found about 15 tribal pieces that I really like. Then I studied the styles on how the different artists put together their pieces. I didn't want to copy anyone art or style but create something more acceptable in my own style. I actually posted the first one on several sights so I studied the critique's I received. Of courses most of the critiques I received said things like, "great job", "awesome", "cool"... But that's not what I was looking for. a few of the more experienced tattoo artists out there pretty much mirrored what your critique said. One artist actually gave me a very good explanation why he wouldn't sell the first one in his shop. So then I carefully thought out how I wanted the second to look. Sketched out the initial design and as I inked it out made a few changes.
To my surprise the second actually won a small challenge against a another very well drawn tribal tat.
Thanks for your input always appreciated.
eddieblz

Postby CarlOwen » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:30 pm

You are welcome Eddie. Closing down for the night. Going to go have dinner with the most beautiful woman in the world that I have seen for about the last 45 years.
CarlOwen