A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New to site

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

New to site

Postby RDS » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:58 am

Hello. This is my first art site. I have been painting since 1983. I paint oils on canvas. I have never really had interaction with other artists. I don't know any artists. Never have had any artist friends. It's just me and my paint. I don't know if that puts me in any certain catagory. The lonely painter I guess. I don't like to call myself an artist. I've thought that title is deserved when the painter passes on. When I'm gone they can call me that. I leave it all behind then.I've learned from books on my own. I've been all over the place with styles . I enjoy Impressionism the most but I wouldn't call what I do Impressionistic but in some works it's there. It may be odd to some that I exist in the way I do with art as I am not in contact with the art world as such. I don't actively try to sell paintings but I do / will let them go. I love landscape and outdoor subjects. I work from pictures and memory mostly. I like many of what I see on this site. There are many great painters here. I'm going to enjoy studying. Have a great day.
RDS

Re: New to site

Postby Singular » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:42 am

Hi Fletch,

Welcome to ASC. It's nice to meet you. I look forward to seeing your art.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: New to site

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Welcome, Fletch - we're here to befriend or just comment. Happy to have you join! E
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery