A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Ok, call me new.

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Ok, call me new.

Postby sonya.ball » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Hello all!

My name is Sonya Ball. I'm an Illustration student with RMCAD. I live in NC. I'm looking to get my name out a bit and get some experience with the professional world while I'm still learning, so I thought I'd go in for some free artist's calls. Gives me a chance to experiment with different types of art and different mediums for fun and experience, and exposure. I hope I get good enough to win eventually, but the exposure is more what I'm after, and the experience.

I'm disabled from "normal" work, so the "plan" is to find a way to work from my home or -eventually- my own studio and within my abilities, with -one day- people to help do the things I can't. My dream is to have a -gallery/school/studio- because I really want to teach some too, and give back what I have received.

Unlike other artists, I have zero desire to move to NY and cater to those galleries and museums. Not that I wouldn't love to be in a museum someday, I just don't want to live in new york. Rats should just not be the size of cats - that's not normal. I love my small southern town, and since I can live anyplace and work for anyone and still stay in touch with them by video calling, I don't see why I should have to move anywhere.

As far as art goes, so far I love to draw and I like pastels. I'm learning digital painting, and I like that pretty well so far. I can't wait until I get to my "real" art classes and out of the foundations classes.

I am married, and have 3 kids. I am also older than most college students, I'm 39. But by today's standards that's still pretty young. I'm just a late bloomer.

I am looking forward to being on these forums! Thanks for having me.
sonya.ball

Re: Ok, call me new.

Postby Singular » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:06 am

Hi Sonya,

Nice to meet you. Welcome to ASC. I look forward to seeing you around and checking out your art when you get a chance to upload some images.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Ok, call me new.

Postby sonya.ball » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks, I'll try to get some pics loaded up this weekend, but no promises, I have a ton of work for school due on Sunday, and I would love to actually take Monday off. Hope you have a great holiday!
sonya.ball