A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Hello Singular Community!

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello Singular Community!

Postby RatzSpace1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:07 am

My name is Michael. I was born in 1948, and have been involved in the arts for as long as I can remember, although the memory is not what it used to be. :) My wife and I live in Arizona, but we have lived in Korea, Iran, and Germany as well. I have also lived and worked in China.
I was drafted into the army in 1969. I served in Okinawa, Korea, and my wife and I have served in Iran and Germany. I retired in 1990 and went back to school I received my BFA in Fine Arts with a K-12 Teaching Certificate. I got hired as an art teacher in a rural school, worked for three years, went back to school (while still working) and got my MA in Arts Education. I taught for 13 years and retired in 2006. I taught English Conversation in Korea from 2010 to 2011. With that gig on my resume, I got hired in 2012 to teach English Conversation and Western Civilization at a progressive university in Shandong Province, China. That was the experience of a lifetime, and the best teaching gig ever! I was also able to develop my artistic skills during my free time by painting, drawing, and taking photographs when and where ever I could. An excellent relationship with my Chinese students meant that they were always anxious to take me places, camera in tow.
I returned to Arizona in 2013 and have been hard at work on my artistic endeavors. What a strange trip it's been...so far!
RatzSpace1

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Hello Singular Community!

Postby Singular » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:44 am

Hi Michael,

Great to meet you. I look forward to checking out your gallery and look forward to seeing you around.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)