A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Sybiline - 1st Place Winner - People & Portraits

Article ID: 27
Written by: Singular
Written on: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:38 pm
Article Description: Sybiline was selected as the overall winner of our People and Portraits competition
External link to this article:
http://www.asingularcreation.com/Forums/kb.php?a=27

We would like to congratulate the overall winner of the People and Portraits competition, Sybiline. Below are the images she submitted. To view them in detail, click an image below. Also, take a moment to learn a little bit about Sybiline by reading her statement below.

I was born in 1976 in Shawinigan (Quebec, Canada). I studied Visual Arts at Three-Rivers’ College and in 1998 I received a BA from Laval University in Quebec. Disappointed by the too modern approach from the latter, I continued my journey by myself to learn more about old techniques.

In the years that followed, at a visit to an exhibition at Beauport on figurative art, I made the acquaintance of a small group of wonderful and experienced artists who thought me the traditional foundations the art; a path to which I had aspired for a long time.

Fantasy, symbolism and portrait paintings have always animated me. My favorite subjects are inspired by imagination, dreams and human beings. Historical subjects fascinate me especially when it touches my love for costumes. I started to sew fairly young and a few years later I studied in that field. Today I use this second passion to create some costumes that I incorporate in my paintings.

Today, I devote myself to painting. I work as a portrait painter and I illustrate for many customers, particularly in the field of publishing. Among other things, I am asked to illustrate children's books and historical novels or fantasy for adults. My main clients are Hurtubise Editor, VLB Éditor, LER Editor, Soulières Editor, Trampoline Editor and Solaris Publishing Magazine.

This article was last edited by Singular on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:05 pm
This article has been viewed 1746 times

Comments

Permanent Linkby CharleneMBrown on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:27 am

Congratulations on your well-deserved first place award. Beautiful work!
CharleneMBrown